Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

20 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The King has gone...long live the King.

The positivity is still there for me, We have a club to watch, A local new owner, A new Manager and a new season.

Thanks WR you were great, Step up the next manPizza Yes GIF

100% agree. A fresh start with a young hungry manager who will help build a sustainable club with our new owner - what’s not to like? 

Gutted. A bucket of cold water to the face after the cheery mood an hour ago.

Rosenior, fine, I can get behind that 

Nigel Clough back? Yes, I could handle that. Under-rated job here last time.

I was kinda hoping Wayne was ready to pull the trigger on half a dozen free transfers though.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Hope he has to buy his way out of his contract.

Pretty sure he could argue that he’s put a lot of his personal money into keeping things going with the away trips and training facilities.

Think we just need thank him for his efforts while he was here and wish him well on what he does next.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

His statement said that the past 18 months have taken a great toll on him personally and it's now time for someone fresh to come into the club.

What the REAL reasons are answers on a postcard please 

I can’t imagine it’s anything other than he doesn’t feel he will have the resources/time to put together a competitive team next season. 

I certainly don’t think he’s quit just to jump into a bigger job, mostly because I don’t think there’s an obvious one out there.

Just now, DRS94 said:

If his plan was to leave all along we could of got a fee from Everton.

absolutely gutted I think everyone was behind him, all out for Ian evatt now surely.

He hadn't been released from his contract yet though you're totally overlooking.

If we force him to honour it or pay it off then we'll get a nice amount back from him if you believe the reports of him being on 90k a week.

The admins must know this too. So we can still insist that he stays or he has to pay his way out. 

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

I can’t imagine it’s anything other than he doesn’t feel he will have the resources/time to put together a competitive team next season. 

I certainly don’t think he’s quit just to jump into a bigger job, mostly because I don’t think there’s an obvious one out there.

I think it has a lot to do with him and his agents very close relationship to Kirchner, personally.

Gah, we had something special building… that was until this all dragged out and were left with no squad the week the fixtures are released. Who could blame him.

After all his bravado last season though, I genuinely thought he’d be up for the fight. Gutted. 

On my life. Out of all the things to happen, this is the worst. All the time that has been wasted with people messing around with buying us has caused this. CK was the nail in the coffin. I'm absolutely livid. Yeah managers come and go but yet again we're left to find a new manager who has to come in, implement a style with zero players at his disposal, so close to the start of the season.

No one will have the pulling power of Wayne Rooney for us to bounce back. Its gonna take a lot longer than people think now to get out the s**t. Absolutely disgusting this is. 

I really hope all those people that have messed around, causing delays etc are happy.

Scum bags the lot of them. 

?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

His statement said that the past 18 months have taken a great toll on him personally and it's now time for someone fresh to come into the club.

Well I'm sure that's part of it, but doesn't explain the timing. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

To be fair he looks more like a 56 year old than a 36 year old. And it’s not as if he needs the money. 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wayne Rooney was the highest paid manager in the Championship.

It’s a shame he has gone. But, could the financial aspect be part of it?

Why have him in charge when we could have somebody like Tony Mowbray on a quarter of his wages?

It’s going be the same goal anyway. Promotion.

Mowbray no thanks but I do get your points …Warburton would be my choice 

25 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

New start without him. I’m not gutted, managers and players come and go. 

I agree. Sad to see him go and it may well affect our ability to attract/retain players but he's effectively unproven as a manager (under normal circumstances).

Thanks for holding the team together Wayne and good luck with what you chose to do next. Oh, and I still hope Colleen wins her case. 

One of the small victories here is an end to "Celebrity DCFC". Hopefully now we can get stable financially and just be a normal boring run-of-the-mill football club that the tabloid media simply have no interest in talking about.

Since Lampard we've just had this bizarre media circus surrounding us.

Please can we just be boring and normal and safe and no more drink-driving scandals or drunken hotel extortion attempts or any of that business?