Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

Perhaps we will get a surprise appointment like Cox who dropped down a couple of divisions to manage us. I wouldn’t mind seeing somebody like Nathan Jones being considered. I get he’s in the Championship and just been in the P/O’s but if he is willing to take a long term view who knows?

26 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I have no idea what's gone on but here's my theory. Rooney made his decision some time ago, when the Kirchner deal eventually collapsed. He notified Rosenior not to take the Blackpool job because he may get the Derby job. Today he informs the administrators of his decision now that the clubs survival looks to be secured. 

Good shout 

I actually think this is a good thing for us. Whilst he was admirable in the way he lead us last season, I've never been very comfortable with his managerial capabilities. Plus he is no doubt highly paid, more than we can afford I suspect. Plus I'm not sure his support for CK, and his agents influence was actually appropriate. 

Clean sheet of paper time, no thanks to LR, we need somebody with proven lower league experience, it would be nice to get Curtis Davies involved also.

Wonder if he has another offer lined up?

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

On another note has Rosenior known about this since the CK deal fell through? As mentioned not only has he turned down Blackpool but his Dad was doing a bit of PR on Sky for him stating his affinity for the club etc.. More often than not there is always something behind such things

Edited by Orphanram

6 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Perhaps we will get a surprise appointment like Cox who dropped down a couple of divisions to manage us. I wouldn’t mind seeing somebody like Nathan Jones being considered. I get he’s in the Championship and just been in the P/O’s but if he is willing to take a long term view who knows?

Oh for another Arthur Cox

3 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Got us relegated.

Surprised he wasn’t sacked.

In normal circumstances he would have been sacked after the Wendies game. But we couldn’t sack him due to our finances but to his credit he galvanised the squad and did well under the circumstances. But a total revamp on and off the pitch isn’t the end of the world. At least we have a club ?

This is a really good thing for us. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but it is.

We can go into next season with a completely clean slate. New owner. New manager. New players. Fresh start. Exactly what this club needs really after two years of straight trauma.

As for Wayne Rooney: yes, he did admirably last season. He could of walked away many times, sure. He didn't. You have to ask yourself why now, though. 

Was it our of "loyalty" ?

If that was the case - why leave now? Right before the beginning of the new season? Right as the administration nears its end?

Maybe because his choice of owner (he made no secret of this), who was looking to give his agent a role on our board (what?!) is now out of the picture? 

I'm not sad AT ALL to see the guy that completely derailed any chance Cocu ever had gone. His whole appointment was a sorry affair, as was the stinking 32 Red deal that brought him here in the first place. Bringing in Wayne Rooney was Morris' last great error, and I'm glad to see the last of his mistakes gone.