Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

Weird just weird something isnt right on the day the club is saved rooney bolts thru the open door . Has he been pushed for financial reasons is the question . To be fair it has left a stain on his copy book for me . But its neil warnock for me or the return of the son of god nigel clough . 

Just now, NottsRammy said:

Weird just weird something isnt right on the day the club is saved rooney bolts thru the open door . Has he been pushed for financial reasons is the question . To be fair it has left a stain on his copy book for me . But its neil warnock for me or the return of the son of god nigel clough . 

He was in bed with CK and stretford, today was pretty clear CK won’t be the new owner so he’s left from that, can’t blame him but time to move on

If WR had his sights set on managing in the Premier league, then appraising the next "few" seasons at DCFC he would have determined that, given no players can be signed and having to operate under a draconian EFL imposed business plan, then his career prospects would not have been enhanced. He has left as a saleable commodity with his reputation intact, staying on would have been a one way ticket to destroying that reputation.

I doubt NC would come back given the very underserved vitriol from a section of the fan base but for me he is the only logical choice in this division. 

Great man manager, galvanised the whole club in the most trying of circumstances, and got us all united in a common goal. Thanks for that Wayne.

Little evidence he's a decent football manager though, nearly took us down from a position we shouldn't ever have been in, and then did take us down when at one point survival was well within our grasp.

Fantastic news. This is a fresh start and we have to embrace it.

Rooney managing us in League 1 would have been a burden we could do without.

Now we can get back to just being Derby and rebuilding the club with someone at the helm with fresh eyes who is detached from the goings on of the last 18-24 months.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Little evidence he's a decent football manager

Late last year he was on the radio on about how he works well with Rosenior - he said Liam does most of the defensive coaching and he does most of the attacking. I remember it specifically because he was talking after our third 0-0 draw in 4 games.

19 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

It’s the Derby way

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

Great man manager, galvanised the whole club in the most trying of circumstances, and got us all united in a common goal. Thanks for that Wayne.

Little evidence he's a decent football manager though, nearly took us down from a position we shouldn't ever have been in, and then did take us down when at one point survival was well within our grasp.

This. How anyone thinks avoiding relegation with 8 minutes left of the final game of the season is a fantastic managerial achievement needs to give their heads a real wobble. 

Wish him best anyway for his future, there are far better managers than he out there. 

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Now we can get back to just being Derby and rebuilding the club with someone at the helm with fresh eyes who is detached from the goings on of the last 18-24 months.

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Late last year he was on the radio on about how he works well with Rosenior - he said Liam does most of the defensive coaching and he does most of the attacking. I remember it specifically because he was talking after our third 0-0 draw in 4 games.

I take it you two weren't at many games last season then. 

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But, the goings on of the last 18-24 months are going to effect how we move forward.  I actually am starting to agree with your view on us losing the burden of Rooney and the circus around him, now I’m thinking about it.  But, I can’t help thinking he would have the advantage of a similar start to last season with recruitment.  Maybe he knows he’s struggling to get any decent players willing to come, or has been told that players are looking to move away after committing to him at the end of last season.

Crap init.

I will thank him for his loyalty and his efforts last season, but i'm not that bothered that he is leaving.

He was on ludicrous wages by championship standards and its even worse by league 1 standards. I didn't think he was a tactucal genius either - often seemed reluctant to change things and whilst i know we had severe limitations i wasnt a massive fan of his style of play either.

Give it to Liam for me and see what he can do. Always seemed like the brains of the operation to me anyway.

Not bothered at all really. 

What is important is that we still have a Derby County to support next season, and the seemingly never ending existential crises the club has endured for the past 18 months or so is gone for good. Thankfully, we seem to finally have reason for optimism there and that's all that matters.  Compared to the threat of liquidation...even relegation seemed inconsequential.

Wayne can be proud of the job he did under the most trying of circumstances and good luck to him in the future.