Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Wouldn't you leave if you were an assistant manager and an opportunity presented itself to become a manager? 

Definitely - I'm not surprised he tried to go. But if you'd rather be somewhere else then off you go.

Same goes for any players that were only hanging around because of Wayne. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

51 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I wonder if Chris Kirchner is buying an MLS club and Wayne, Cook and his agent are upping sticks to follow CK. All seems to have been hooked around the CK deal. Might be 2 + 2 = 10000000 just a thought.

There has to be another option on the table, why else resign or request to be relieved of his duties with immediate effect. 

Don't forget Tom Lawrence as captain.

Well and truly left us up s*** creek with no paddle hasn’t he?

Its obvious to me that he would stay only if his two mates could have plumb jobs.  Last night’s development must have been a shock, and maybe a convo with Mr Clowes has confirmed the company structure.

I mean, it can’t be the budget as he would have known it would be tiny due to the terms of exiting Admin.

Im so disappointed in him as I’ve been asked numerous times if I think he’ll stay and I did get some funny looks when I said confidently he would as he does seem to have a connection with the club.

How wrong I was, I wonder if 32Red’s sponsorship has been pulled?

Not assed at all tbf. Was a bit disappointed at first as he's a good character to have a as a manger and a real motivator but he's nothing special tactically. A good manager in the making, definitely. 

Irreplaceable not really. Think we can get someone in who really knows league 1 hopefully and will steady the ship and ensure no matter what we can atleast compete. 

Just now, Boycie said:

Well and truly left us up s*** creek with no paddle hasn’t he?

Its obvious to me that he would stay only if his two mates could have plumb jobs.  Last night’s development must have been a shock, and maybe a convo with Mr Clowes has confirmed the company structure.

I mean, it can’t be the budget as he would have known it would be tiny due to the terms of exiting Admin.

Im so disappointed in him as I’ve been asked numerous times if I think he’ll stay and I did get some funny looks when I said confidently he would as he does seem to have a connection with the club.

How wrong I was, I wonder if 32Red’s sponsorship has been pulled?

Typical tradesman, looking out for extra jobs. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Definitely - I'm not surprised he tried to go. But if you'd rather be somewhere else then off you go.

Same goes for any players that were only hanging around because of Wayne. 

I kinda get where you're coming from here, but I'm not convinced he wanted to leave just because he wanted to be somewhere else, he wants to be manager. We now have a vacancy, he should at least get interviewed for it, I feel. 

It might not be a bad thing. Its a fresh start. First season when we beat shef weds last day pretty much everyone wanted him out because of that poor run. Last season he got the best out of what we had, galvanised us & stuck by us which we will be greatful for. Its a shame as he potentially had signings lined up but its a fresh start. I wish him the best. We move on. Onwards & upwards ?

48 minutes ago, dabber said:

My concern is how many of the players hanging on as long as they can for new contracts to be offered will now say to heck with this I am off. Maybe they have some loyalty to Rosenoir, but maybe not as he seemed happy to toddle off to Blackpool, so who knows but no idea what our line up will look like vs Oxford!?

Good job it's a Saturday and not a midweek night game.

I think at the moment the clubs survival is the main thing and then just building a solid side for next season that will atleast be able to get a top half finish.  Would be nice if we can atleast keep Davies and a few youngsters but if we are realistic we'll probably lose nearly everyone and be just looking at a complete rebuild with how long everything is taking. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I kinda get where you're coming from here, but I'm not convinced he wanted to leave just because he wanted to be somewhere else, he wants to be manager. We now have a vacancy, he should at least get interviewed for it, I feel. 

And he probably will get interviewed for it - he'd arguably be the easiest appointment to make, and I wouldn't be surprised if they make it.

I just personally think we'd be best to leave all facets of the trauma of the last two years behind us. Rooney, Rosenior, Tom Lawrence, they can all go for me.

Give a new owner his choice of new manager and let that new manager build a whole new squad.

59 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I wonder if Chris Kirchner is buying an MLS club and Wayne, Cook and his agent are upping sticks to follow CK. All seems to have been hooked around the CK deal. Might be 2 + 2 = 10000000 just a thought.

There has to be another option on the table, why else resign or request to be relieved of his duties with immediate effect. 

The last MLS club to be traded went for North of $200m dollars, so I doubt its that.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's already left his position at the club if you listen to the reports on SSN tonight.

So not even sure how that works. 

Not interested in listening tbh. He's gone.

Much more interested in the Clubs revival - exciting times ahead. #COYR