Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

Had a bit of time to think about this and I think it’s the right time. The away form was tragic last year and I felt like the style of play was good but toothless up top. We struggled hard for goals. We’ll have to wait and see who we appoint. I’m not too keen on rosenior and think we need to cut both and not one. My choice of manager would be Sean dyche but that’s unrealistic. Possibly if there was a German manager willing to drop down. Jody Morris is a good shout too. Will appreciate and love Rooney for what he’s done and I was super exited for next season but now I fear it with how late we are 

41 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Rooney's game management was poor to be fair, especially in the away games. Recruitment in the summer was much better, mayeb down to Rooneys contacts. My only concern about Rooney leaving is the fact that he had so much respect from the players.  If Rooney can quit mid contract what chance have we of keeping players who are out of contract?

Come on we didn’t have the necessary players but I would have liked to see what he would have done with a clean deck of cards 

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

This is horrible but I understand it - too many players have walked out - Williams Ebosele Ebeowi etc etc not to mention all those he lined up 

very sad 

And he knows next week a lot more will be leaving. Don’t really blame him. He’s been working with harder and harder restrictions. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Well at this point we would be stupid not to ask Dyche if he wanted the job before we even look at the others available- I can’t imagine he would fancy it but who knows 

I believe he's living in Nottingham so at least I should be able to hear his laugh when Clowes gets off the phone. 

Dyche will either get a Premier League job or a parachute payment job. Forest will no doubt sack Cooper when they're bottom in October/November so could see him holding out till then. 

properly peed off with the timing of this.  Basically his agent isn't taking the helm via Kirchner and of those who stuck up their hand saying they wanted to stay - two are trying to weedle their way out of contract extensions, ones heading off to Palace, the goalie who loved playing for Derby in his own words is now at Cardiff, the young international who made a 19 year old captain has basically invited bids by media, his current captain is off playing golf with the bloke who talked a lot of s*** for 3 months and his assistant manager wants out. Even Davies has made it clear he would consider a year in the championship if offered 

That combination is probably why he's gone.  s*** timing though.  Almost ' I wish it was Preston going up today' in it's majesty.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I always thought the next time the vacancy came up Darren Wassall would deserve a shot at it. I don't see why not, unless he's really out of the loop on the coaching side nowadays.

Rooney did a great job in holding the club together and being a leader of men last season when we had no one else, but his way of playing was highly questionable. Which is why I'm not especially keen on Rosenior stepping up. Some people are saying Rooney would have been a big draw for players coming to Derby, but if you're a professional footballer who wants to play in front of a lot of fans with the best training facilities, Derby County will be your number one choice in League One. And for managers too.

As long as the sale goes through that is massively the most important thing. We could have a football club. There will always be good managers wanting the job. But Wassall deserves his chance if he wants it.

I think he had enough of a go playing a full strength side in a nothing game against Ipswich. That Thorne broken leg was a huge factor in the capitulation at home to a dog s*** Hull side and failure to go up in a very weak playoffs .  I saw enough with that decision and the tactical disaster at Rotherham.

Been mulling this over while catching up on today's news. Loads of really really good points and I think perhaps a combination of all. 

- perhaps waiting until thought safely being rescued

- he went straight from last playing role to hugely consuming manager role so perhaps pressure from Colleen or wish from him for more family focus

- he really was the right man at the right time but like churchill after WWII perhaps not for rebuilding task ahead so leaves now with reputation for integrity enhanced and no blot on career if his football style/skills not suited to league 1

- lots of talk of us missing compensation if he goes elsewhere soon but wouldnt be surprised if he waived salary so perhaps we owe him also so wiping the slate with wording

- seemed to only comment on CK so perhaps too welded to that bid and the team  for whatever reason

- perhaps players were leaving/not re- signing anyway and not showing loyalty so had enough

Whatever the reason(s) he has totally changed my mind about him and I will always have huge respect for him for last season's rallying call and loyalty.  But derby county is not one person as has been shown many times over the years and sure our Clement Attlee is out there somewhere or already within the club. The most important news today was the stadium confirmation and the possible saving of our club

Some criticism of Rooney makes me laugh. The bloke made a bunch of old men and untried kids run through brick walls for him. Him and the players gave everything, every game and thats why the fans responded with the best atmosphere in the country.

We'll probably never know the real reason how its all panned out but if  Steve Gibson and Rick Parry had one ounce of Wayne Rooney's love for football and the fans we would have been sold and sorted 6 months ago and stayed up.

I would like to think Rooney would do this to them both if he was ever in their company.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I always thought the next time the vacancy came up Darren Wassall would deserve a shot at it. I don't see why not, unless he's really out of the loop on the coaching side nowadays.

Rooney did a great job in holding the club together and being a leader of men last season when we had no one else, but his way of playing was highly questionable. Which is why I'm not especially keen on Rosenior stepping up. Some people are saying Rooney would have been a big draw for players coming to Derby, but if you're a professional footballer who wants to play in front of a lot of fans with the best training facilities, Derby County will be your number one choice in League One. And for managers too.

As long as the sale goes through that is massively the most important thing. We could have a football club. There will always be good managers wanting the job. But Wassall deserves his chance if he wants it.

Agreed???

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Didn't he b****** Morris for this exact thing with the -12.  Pretty poor 

Depends whether once he told Joint Administrators, he was told to go and go now to avoid fuss - make a prepared statement.  Quite a common tactic in top jobs.  

25 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Been mulling this over while catching up on today's news. Loads of really really good points and I think perhaps a combination of all. 

- perhaps waiting until thought safely being rescued

- he went straight from last playing role to hugely consuming manager role so perhaps pressure from Colleen or wish from him for more family focus

- he really was the right man at the right time but like churchill after WWII perhaps not for rebuilding task ahead so leaves now with reputation for integrity enhanced and no blot on career if his football style/skills not suited to league 1

- lots of talk of us missing compensation if he goes elsewhere soon but wouldnt be surprised if he waived salary so perhaps we owe him also so wiping the slate with wording

- seemed to only comment on CK so perhaps too welded to that bid and the team  for whatever reason

- perhaps players were leaving/not re- signing anyway and not showing loyalty so had enough

Whatever the reason(s) he has totally changed my mind about him and I will always have huge respect for him for last season's rallying call and loyalty.  But derby county is not one person as has been shown many times over the years and sure our Clement Attlee is out there somewhere or already within the club. The most important news today was the stadium confirmation and the possible saving of our club

Don't forget, Churchill came back after Attlee.  Not his finest hour.  Let's bid farewell to Rooney, a great former manager and player of this club - but his time has come.