James Collins - Signed for 2 years

Ambitious

31 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Imagine him and Stephens are the two Rosenior said are ‘really close’ to signing.

I'm hoping if we are close to signing two. A right back is one!

I would obviously get behind a move for Collins though. Him and McGoldrick would be ?? in League One.

23 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I'm hoping if we are close to signing two. A right back is one!

I would obviously get behind a move for Collins though. Him and McGoldrick would be ?? in League One.

He'd certainly be a threat on corners.  When do we get a striker to move about a defence about though.  Will need to be a loan but very much required a an option.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Like the signing. Has scored in League One before which is important. I’d ideally like 1 more striker who’s a bit younger with some pace, maybe Stretton can be that guy but not convinced at moment with him. 

Spot on. A top quality loan might be the solution. Here’s hoping. 

1 minute ago, RIMBAUD said:

Spot on. A top quality loan might be the solution. Here’s hoping. 

I’ve said this in the suggestions thread but I think getting those players with a bit of pace and flair might have to be loans as the quality and age required isn’t cheap, which is ok. I’d be more than happy to use 2 or 3 loan signings all for attacking options. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Like the signing. Has scored in League One before which is important. I’d ideally like 1 more striker who’s a bit younger with some pace, maybe Stretton can be that guy but not convinced at moment with him. 

Totally agree with another striker - preferably with pace & younger. Do think Stretton would mesh very well with either McGoldrick or Collins up top though - there was a promising partnership with Kazim emerging season before last (before Stretton got injured).

Loan from a Prem/Championship club would make sense

20 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There's a Cardiff page on twitter that has put Cardiff's line up on for their game tomorrow with Newport.

A first half and a second half team and James Collins isn't in either of them.

Whether luck or ITK - he isn't in the Cardiff squad tonight