James Collins - Signed for 2 years

Ambitious

Liked him at Luton and would have liked him a couple of years ago. If we sign him it reinforces that we have some good experience throughout the team. Would love him to be our new focal point A la Steve Howard

agree with posters that say that’s In an ideal world we would also sign a pacy forward too to complete the set 

52 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Liked him at Luton and would have liked him a couple of years ago. If we sign him it reinforces that we have some good experience throughout the team. Would love him to be our new focal point A la Steve Howard

agree with posters that say that’s In an ideal world we would also sign a pacy forward too to complete the set 

I don’t know bugger all about how he plays but I’ve had this weird hope that is exactly what he’ll be. Love Steve Howard, came out of nowhere and I was very “meh!” When he signed but how he proved me wrong!

2 hours ago, norwichram said:

We will have Stretton as the third CF. We don't need anymore.

29 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Never say never made we still need another one mate due injuries or suspension and cup competions so be able rest players if need be.

My worry is if we have to many centre forwards it won't be good for team spirit, afterall we only play with one. I think two experienced centre forwards with Stretton is a nice balance.

From a cardiff fc forum ...

"James Collins

Few could argue with the notion that James Collins' Cardiff City career hasn't panned out the way he expected. He came with goals in the bank from his previous club Luton mainly in the lower leagues and knew then-manager Mick McCarthy really well from their time together with the Republic of Ireland.

He looked to have slotted in seamlessly last pre-season against lower league clubs too, but for a whole manner of different reasons, including the performance and tactics of the team around him, then when given the chance in front of goals he continually missed, resulting in only 3 goals in 29 appearances for the Bluebirds.

A couple of goals eventually came after the change of manager but that was it, before he was bombed out all together from January, with Jordan Hugill, Uche Ikpeazu, Isaak Davies and Mark Harris all usurping him in the pecking order.

Portsmouth boss Danny Cowley has admitted Cardiff told them Collins was available to leave this summer, while Derby County appear to be leading the race for his signature.

But he has taken part in full pre-season and scored in that win over League 2 Cambridge United , that will do his chances of sealing a move no harm. Cardiff would ideally like a striker in before Collins is allowed to leave, but it might not transpire that way. Probably needs a fresh start and, at this stage, it looks highly unlikely he will be in the Welsh capital come the start of September."