James Collins - Signed for 2 years

Ambitious

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just for balance. My Luton obsessed colleague (who cannot spell "too")

image.thumb.png.98da7f0a0950a7b0fd6fbc69a925bd5a.png

Your colleague must be obsessed with taking the green leaf too , " okay in league 1 " he scored 25 league goals in league one , If that wasn't bad enough he also says " really struggled in the championship " when in actual fact other than this season at Cardiff he had 2 years in the championship and scored 14 goals one season and 10 in the other season in a poor Luton side in both them seasons , please stay away from your colleague ???

52 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Your colleague must be obsessed with taking the green leaf too , " okay in league 1 " he scored 25 league goals in league one , If that wasn't bad enough he also says " really struggled in the championship " when in actual fact other than this season at Cardiff he had 2 years in the championship and scored 14 goals one season and 10 in the other season in a poor Luton side in both them seasons , please stay away from your colleague ???

I showed him your reply. He called you a "stat man Bamford". He says you should watch him play and see the things he does and not base your opinions on Google!

54 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I showed him your reply. He called you a "stat man Bamford". He says you should watch him play and see the things he does and not base your opinions on Google!

Is he serious? HA if someone scored 25 goals in a league then he is above " ok " in said league thats a fact not opinion 

A goal is a goal, whether it's a tap in or a wonder hit from 30 yards, it's still worth the same on the scoreboard. If a striker is consistently scoring and getting us 20 plus goals I'm sure nobody will be concerned about them. In League One as has been proven over and over, teams that go up have a proven goalscorer in the 20's and someone else in the teens, a 40 goal return from two players. If Collins can be that main man great, I'm not complaining.

On 15/07/2022 at 10:55, Taribo said:

It's about time we had a "tap in merchant", we've really lacked one for years. It looks so easy but there's a proper skill in being in the right place at the right time and I enjoy seeing defenders bundled over the line with the ball.

Garry Lineker prime example. For me never looked that special with ball at his feet but he was always in the right place. 

He had little yesterday but I loved his positioning when NML and others were out wide or McGoldrick was breaking through on the edge of the box. The free kick he won when he collected a clearance on the half way was “proper” .. no falling down, he fought for it until he was genuinely fouled. 

Who can say ? Is he past his best ? or do we have a 20 goal man ? Roll on the first game 

On 15/07/2022 at 09:36, Mostyn6 said:

Just for balance. My Luton obsessed colleague (who cannot spell "too")

image.thumb.png.98da7f0a0950a7b0fd6fbc69a925bd5a.png

Congratulate him on introducing a new phrase into the English language - "on the come up". Is it Bedfordshire dialect?