James Collins - Signed for 2 years

Ambitious

3 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Stretton always looks like he is treading treacle to me tbh

Stretton is a perfect example of a player with an outstanding record in the academies that League One clubs would usually clamor for: 

24 in 34 in the U18 Premier League
16 in 25 in the U23 Premier League

Not to mention he had 3 in 4 in the National League during his loan spell out there. 

I'm absolutely most excited about what Sibley can do next season, honestly think he has an opportunity to blow up. Stretton is the one that intrigues me the most. I think he could quite easily score 20 goals next season and we can say 'evidence was always there'. 

I could be wrong, but he's got an excellent goal record at a level that is directly comparable to the one we found ourselves in now. Example: he scored twice in a 3-1 win against West Ham's U23s. West Ham's U23s beat a strong Ipswich side 2-1. 

Absolutely no reason he can't have similar success with a run in the first team. 

The thing about Stretton is that he always seems to get chances. So far he has tended to miss, through a mixture of bad luck and snatching at the ball, but his record would suggest that once he over comes that he may become a decent option for us.

Maybe, after a season of injuries, another loan would do him good, but if that's the case I'd only loan him out until January, bring him back and let him learn from people like McGoldrick.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Stretton is a perfect example of a player with an outstanding record in the academies that League One clubs would usually clamor for: 

24 in 34 in the U18 Premier League
16 in 25 in the U23 Premier League

Not to mention he had 3 in 4 in the National League during his loan spell out there. 

I'm absolutely most excited about what Sibley can do next season, honestly think he has an opportunity to blow up. Stretton is the one that intrigues me the most. I think he could quite easily score 20 goals next season and we can say 'evidence was always there'. 

I could be wrong, but he's got an excellent goal record at a level that is directly comparable to the one we found ourselves in now. Example: he scored twice in a 3-1 win against West Ham's U23s. West Ham's U23s beat a strong Ipswich side 2-1. 

Absolutely no reason he can't have similar success with a run in the first team. 

What’s Sibley going to blow up ?

6 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

The thing about Stretton is that he always seems to get chances. So far he has tended to miss, through a mixture of bad luck and snatching at the ball, but his record would suggest that once he over comes that he may become a decent option for us.

Maybe, after a season of injuries, another loan would do him good, but if that's the case I'd only loan him out until January, bring him back and let him learn from people like McGoldrick.

4 shots and 1 goal in the league last season. Only one player had a better strike rate - Cashin with 1 goal from 2 shots.

Minutes per goal he was the best in our squad last season too.

3 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Can't see CKR being retained at this rate. Collins is allegedly close to coming in. We've got McGoldrick. No need for any more strikers north of 30... A loanee e.g. Jebbison or similar along with Cybulski and Stretton and that should be enough up front.

Agreed , I would like a young star to come in though maybe someone under the age of 20 that has banged in goals in league 2 or national league,  someone to excite me that could be the next wanchope

8 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Looking at this guys stats there extremely poor why the importance of getting him ? .  He is hardly a goal scorer . Surely we can get a hold up merchant who pops a few more in than this guy . Or am i missing something about this one . 

Yes you are. You seem to be ignoring the fact that, for next season at least, we're playing in League One. At that level his scoring record is decent, a goal every 2.5 games, equivalent to a return of 18 in a full 46 match campaign.

Another factor worthy of consideration is his lack of serious injury in physically tough football - last season apart, he averaged 44 league appearances in the previous 5 seasons which for the role he plays is phenomenal.

I'd have him in our squad in an instant.