James Collins - Signed for 2 years

Ambitious

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen may well be two of the top 10 fastest players in the football league. I think that’s why they were recruited early. 

if that's true, then I am happy. We lacked attacking pace massively last 2 seasons and I think this was a big factor in relegation battles.

At this level, the battles will be physical, so a bit of pace will be potentially very effective.

2 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Strange that he played and scored for Cardiff today. Hey ho be good addition 

Didn't Thorne play for West Brom in a friendly causing us all panic, only for us to sign him a few days later...

...he then went onto make 300 appearances for the Rams, led England to a world Cup final before signing for Real Madrid for 42 million pound.

Christ Face Palm GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

35 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Personally, I think we need some pace to play off McGoldrick .  They won't play as a two and not sure the financial capacity is there to to have one sat on the bench, or if they'd be happy to do so. 

Id be happy to have collins as well as McGoldrick tbh , if having a bit man up top suits our game plan then it makes sense to have more than 1 otherwise 1 injury completely messes up how we want to play etc. I would however like a pacy forward too to bring off the bench or to target weaknesses against certain teams, although i imagine this player would need to be a loan from a prem team.