James Collins - Signed for 2 years

Ambitious

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Collins I think will prove a decent signing at this level and i think leaves in a good position up front.

Just need to sort out fullbacks, another gk and another winger and we will be set.

I would not mind if we signed an experienced GK to play as number 1 with Wildsmith as backup

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Another hard working player in! I really like how our squad is shaping up.

A striker for my liking, proper menace.

Only downsde of this is the most likely end of CKR's Derby career ?

We've not seen or heard nothing about him have we , I love him ?

Right, had a natter with Nephew Tom .. LTFC season ticket holder for the last 20 years and a good lad who knows the game.

Colins is a tough nut. A fighter, big and strong who gives everything for 90 minutes. Hungry as duck. Good hold up play. Pressure pressure pressure. If they naff about at the back it’s at their peril. Yes went off the boil in a poor Cardiff team but still got double figures I think. Won’t score worldies, plays between the posts. He has bet me a pint and a pizza that he’ll score 15 goals minimum, given the game time. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Right, had a natter with Nephew Tom .. LTFC season ticket holder for the last 20 years and a good lad who knows the game.

Colins is a tough nut. A fighter, big and strong who gives everything for 90 minutes. Hungry as duck. Good hold up play. Pressure pressure pressure. If they naff about at the back it’s at their peril. Yes went off the boil in a poor Cardiff team but still got double figures I think. Won’t score worldies, plays between the posts. He has bet me a pint and a pizza that he’ll score 15 goals minimum, given the game time. 

Sounds like exactly the sort of striker that will work well with McG.

2 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Sounds like exactly the sort of striker that will work well with McG.

Told me he is not exactly pacy but not a lumbering piece of furniture. The feeling is they sold him for a good fee on the back of his best season for what at the time was felt as peak value but he was popular and respected. I forgot to ask if he can head a ball, sounds daft but in the last few years, Chrissy aside, I don’t have a player in mind for us who had stand out heading skills. Fozzy a bit but in a forward line it’s something we’ve missed maybe ? 

44 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

actual strikers and wingers... last time we had that was when we had weimann russell and martin ?

bet mcgoldrick and collins are excited to have mendez laing and barkhuizen on wings for em

Weren't Weimann and Russell (and Ward) CFs who we converted into wingers? ?

Camara and Anya on the other hand...