Rob Couhig on Sports Scene at 6

Ellafella

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Admins idea of compromise was to 'class cram' them and Boro down to nothing. Have I got the wrong idea?!

I have no idea wtf the Administrators are doing at this point. Lord only knows what they’re saying to the EFL and the MPs. We only know that they’re telling us jack poo, and by the sounds of it the same with Boro and Wycombe.

Ed should have said to him one of the reasons the case by the LAP took so long was because of Boro and they were laughed out of court. He seemed completely oblivious to that, I don't know how he didn't bring that up.

Also going on about Wycombe being in first throughout the season. Didn't they finish like 7th/8th and played one less game than the team in 6th. Ed should have tore him apart on that. Just because you were first at some stage of the season is completely insignificant. They bloke is a Yankee Saul Goodman chancer.

Edited by JPRamFan

I know Radio Derby have to remain calm and tow the line and remain balanced in normal times. However, these aren't normal times. I'm not saying go all out offensive and attack people's opinion like Piers Morgan. Offer strong counter questions, challenge decisions because unfortunately they've done the worse thing there. Pandering to their BS, nonsensical responses and said nothing of value in return. This has added more fuel onto the fire. 

In times like this, show some guts. You are responsible for representing the fans base. Be the voice of supporters,  most of us are angry and upset and want answers.

How dare you say that Derby cheated you not our fault that you lost to cardiff last day of the season and how dar you say we delayed our account they got sent off and then sent back again saying they wanted layed of differently so yes we asked for more time that make those changes it is efl that gave the point taken away. League one teams could say wycombe cheated because of points system got you in the play offs that only reason you got into champership.

Ultimately today should totally convince everybody who wasn’t convinced that both Middlesbrough and Wycombe want pay offs 

if we do pay them off I’m done - I hate bullying and extortion it’s what the mafia/ crime families do 

The administrators need to be coming into play tomorrow to clarify the situation again as where we are going with this.

The EFL clearly do not care about Derby county and don’t mind if we fold in my opinion as it seems to fit their agenda of the government doing their job for them, I expect them to sort absolutely nothing out especially as Parry was saying in that programme that Middlesbrough were suing the EFL  before they turned on us ( which I thought they couldn’t do) 

I expect we will push ahead with a court order or something similar to push through a takeover with no CVA so the creditors will get very little or we will be liquidated and the creditors will get very little.

Football is ruined completely if this is the way forward 

I would totally like to be in court to hear their cases but as we know it won’t get that far.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Disappointing from Ed. He did such a good job with the Mel Morris interview. 

It’s difficult to interview people with preconceived ideas on a situation.

We just have to hope the EFL can put pressure on Wycombe and Boro to drop their spurious nebulous claims or we have had it IMO. 
Only Mike Ashley can save us now. 

10 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

How has football turned to this? Zero regard for the fans just a bunch of millionaires and billionaires trying to squeeze money out of anything they see as a means for more wealth. 

Absolutely. “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” George Orwell.

Let’s say we did cheat, we’ve taken the points deduction, fine, it’s a fair cop. But we didn’t cheat in the season when they went down. Wycombe just wanted the points deduction to be in that season cos it would’ve sealed them. But really it should have been handed out the season before, if anything.

jesus, they already benefitted from Wednesday losing points, and they didn’t cheat last season either. If the only way they can stay up is through other teams loosing points (and the only way they can get up is by a dodgy ppg system) then they probably don’t belong in this league.

absolutely beyond ridiculous claim. 

43 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Who is interviewing on Radio Derby? Where are the challenges to these people? Where are the questions putting it back on these people? Why are they just accepting everything said to them? Where is the challenge? 
Do your research before going into battle!! Jesus

I’d have loved Graham Richards to have been taking him to task instead of Ed. Richards commentary could sometimes irritate but he was pointed in challenging Maxwell years back, so he’d have ripped into Couhig’s lack of substance in an instant.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

I’d have loved Graham Richards to have been taking him to task instead of Ed. Richards commentary could sometimes irritate but he was pointed in challenging Maxwell years back, so he’d have ripped into Couhig’s lack of substance in an instant.

He was also a judge, so I’m pretty sure he’s adept at putting mouthy lawyers in their place.