Rob Couhig on Sports Scene at 6

Ellafella

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He didnt even claim we haven't agreed anything with HMRC. He was asking Ed if he knew if we had. He said several other things like that during the interview. Constant deflection away from his weak claim

Yeah I know. I was asking the genuine question of whether the consensus is that we have come to an agreement or not.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

The overarching theme in all of this was the understanding of both Wycombe and Boro that there is some pot of funds available that they want their slice of the pie of.

The Wycombe chairman was at pains to point out several times that the admins still haven't agreed how much of that pot will be given to HMRC, how much to Dell etc so therefore until this is done they can't then agree how much can be allocated to Wycombe and Boro and presumably then the two clubs will judge this be acceptable or not for them to withdraw their claims. 

That's a reasonable point by Couhig...but I took it to be a sop and a bluff. In private they want ££££; they know it won't stand up in court, but they are chancers...you can get a long way being a chancer. Just look at Donald Trump.  

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Disagree. I think you're giving Dawes too much credit.

I'm relatively informed about the situation and I wasn't 100% sure if we'd breached rules by publishing our accounts after the start of the new season. Those who haven't been following it closely will be under the impression that we cheated by publishing our accounts when we did.

If your relatively informed, how are you not 100% sure we didn't breach the rules by publishing our accounts by the initial stated date, which was after the season started regardless?

12 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Someone nip to supermarket and buy Ed Dawes a new belt. His pants have been pulled down and there round his ankle as we speak. Pulled down far too easily I have to say. You would have thought the original interviewer dropped out 2 minutes before and he took over the interview with no prior knowledges 

I don't think he had his pants pulled down, I thought Couhig just spoke until he even thought he made sense, Most of it didn't add up or even make sense imo.

Dawes just wasn't up to the job, Let him have the chair and talk, Dawes hadn't any back up or owt, Disapointed with our home radio station giving him far to much airtime with very little come back

Remember rightly Kieran maguire of price of football said he wasn’t sure if it was just under or just over and he’s an accountant. We had Pearce in the minutes mention about more money found from the sale in 2008 so how anyone could have known we would have breached before submitting accounts makes his claim worthless. Also the fact the commission gave us till 18th august to submit accounts and Derby didn’t set the deadline again that think American git is wrong. There isn’t a law that says come on Derby be nice and put the accounts in early to appease Wycombe. It doesn’t work like that. If a woman said to me I’ll give you quick ha**job now or we can have a full shagathon later I know which I’m doing and that would involve me taking a trip to benson for beds the next day 

1 hour ago, WestLondonRam said:

What I don’t understand is, if Boro have just said we threatened to Sue the EFL unless they went after Derby, how is that not a vendetta? 

Boro (Gibson) have (has) a clear vendetta. They've been more involved in our P&S and administration issues than the EFL themselves. They've even changed opinion on what we did wrong halfway through this entire process. Since April 2019,  it was the stadium valuation, and it wasn't until mid 2021 that they locked in on the amortisation policy instead (coinciding with the LAP decision)

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Remember rightly Kieran maguire of price of football said he wasn’t sure if it was just under or just over and he’s an accountant. We had Pearce in the minutes mention about more money found from the sale in 2008 so how anyone could have known we would have breached before submitting accounts makes his claim worthless. Also the fact the commission gave us till 18th august to submit accounts and Derby didn’t set the deadline again that think American git is wrong. There isn’t a law that says come on Derby be nice and put the accounts in early to appease Wycombe. It doesn’t work like that. If a woman said to me I’ll give you quick ha**job now or we can have a full shagathon later I know which I’m doing and that would involve me taking a trip to benson for beds the next day 

...ha**-job for me; as we all know a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. or summat... ?

Edited by Ellafella

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I'll take that, A full shagathon is too much now, Maybe a cheese sandwich aye

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Disagree. I think you're giving Dawes too much credit.

I'm relatively informed about the situation and I wasn't 100% sure if we'd breached rules by publishing our accounts after the start of the new season. Those who haven't been following it closely will be under the impression that we cheated by publishing our accounts when we did.

Yes this, when Couhig said that Morris admitted in an interview that he was fully aware that as soon as he published the new accounts the club would be hit by sanctions. Implication is that Morris deliberately timed these events which would show some form of premeditation.

Have to admit not sure which interview Couhig alludes to but don't think he's daft to start making up things that Morris allegedly said in public.

Edited by Tyler Durden

13 minutes ago, Rev said:

If your relatively informed, how are you not 100% sure we didn't breach the rules by publishing our accounts by the initial stated date, which was after the season started regardless?

I couldn't remember what deadline the EFL had given for the submission of our accounts and whether we had breached that. Forgive me for forgetting specifics; I've drunk a lot of alcohol since then!

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

8 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

He's a teacher, not an accountant.

1 hour ago, BrudeRAM said:

Sad to say I’m listening to Rob Couhig and think he is very impressive, think he could make a convincing case for Wycombe. Silence from Quantuma is deafening

He was being interviewed by Ed Dawes, not questionned by a QC with a well prepared brief. Of course, Couhig is a Lawyer, so he is very used to putting across a coherent argument, but in an Arbitration case he wouldn't be allowed to grandstand and he'd be presented with counter-arguments. 

It was neither a hearing or a negotiation today. Chill out. 

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I couldn't remember what deadline the EFL had given for the submission of our accounts and whether we had breached that. Forgive me for forgetting specifics; I've drunk a lot of alcohol since then!

Me too! 

Once lockdown ends I'll be done for.

Boro and wycombe are colluding. They are purposefully using the word ‘cheating’ because they know catchphrase brexit Britain will jump on it.

The biggest fact that is being omitted from all the stories all along and that Derby have not done nearly enough to communicate is that the accounts were signed off and Mel openly talked in the fans forums how we amortised players. That’s why we handed new contracts to Johnson and butterfield before letting them go.  Then the EFL decided to go back on it and this point is conveniently left out by all involved. And why has no one ever just simply said to the EFL btw lads if you told us 3 years ago to stop using this accounting method, we wouldn’t have. We ever cheated, we did something we thought we could do. 

We never hid a thing. 

Edited by Ramos

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

That’s why we handed new contracts to Johnson and butterfield before letting them go.

I honestly think this is what undid us.

I think the EFL might have raised an eyebrow at our policies beforehand, but couldn't see a big enough downside to take action.

Once we started artificially pushing losses into a different accounting year by offering these extensions, only to then agree transfers weeks later was when they drilled down on what we were doing, and decided they didn't like it.

19 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

As soon as the EFL gave us a date 2 weeks into the season we all knew that we would not submit them before tea time that final day. No way when the EFL put a dual fixture list up would anybody no matter how secure they felt submit until the last day, just in case.