Rob Couhig on Sports Scene at 6

Ellafella

24 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Toeing the party line.

Blame Admins. Claim they’re willing to compromise. No way this isn’t orchestrated strategy between the three parties.

Amusing that they’re as PO’d with “imminent” as we are ?

Admins idea of compromise was to 'class cram' them and Boro down to nothing. Have I got the wrong idea?!

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That Wycombe Guy: "No reason not to believe Derby knew they cheated"

This is in reference to MM saying something along the lines of the EFL's version of amortisation would result in an overspend of £4m in 2018

Guy's a scumbag knows most people haven't got the detail to argue. FFS as you pointed out even he has his facts wrong. They are just a couple of carpetbagging chancers. Appalling if we're made to do a deal with either of them.

FWIW, I don’t think Ed could engage in a slanging match and went for the ‘give them enough rope’ method. I’m still not sure whether it was a good idea or not.

What is clear is that the BBC Radio Tees guy (giving the Boro sob story), the Wycombe chairman (asking for handouts) or even Rick Parry (pretty much admitting his vowing to Boro to cover the EFL’s back) are bothered whether Derby survive or not unfortunately. There’s bigger issues afoot than their own self interests and none of them had the awareness of going onto a local radio and how they would be perceived. Which about sums up Boro, Wycombe and the EFL (although Parry’s interview wasn’t with Ed).

It can’t be forgotten in the city, or the county, who came out in support of the club, those who chose to ignore it and those that tried to take advantage.