Rob Couhig on Sports Scene at 6

Ellafella

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well he is probably right in the sense that we did delay the submission of the revised accounts as long as we could in order to avoid a points deduction last season. But, the salient point is, which I think he is ignoring, that we delayed as long as we were allowed to (as I seem to remember) and didn’t break any more rules in doing so. So, his gripe should really be against the EFL and their rules that allowed us to delay.

LAP's decision was to submit the account to the EFL by 18th August. The 20/21 season had already started by this date.

I recall this date was pushed back, but that doesn't seem to be material to this discussion.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well he is probably right in the sense that we did delay the submission of the revised accounts as long as we could in order to avoid a points deduction last season. But, the salient point is, which I think he is ignoring, that we delayed as long as we were allowed to (as I seem to remember) and didn’t break any more rules in doing so. So, his gripe should really be against the EFL and their rules that allowed us to delay.

Exactly .. in every process there is an appeals route .. which we used .. in accordance with that process … the process as designated by … wait for it … The EFL. So … if you have a gripe or a claim .. direct it where the power and decisions lie .. The EFL .. They are the ones who should be answering to and are responsible for these “claims” because they lie within the rules of governance that they laid out. 

6 minutes ago, Plusi_Ram said:

"Derby cheated by delaying their accounts submissions"

What, you mean before the deadline set by the EFL? Utter cretin.

The Efl did extend the deadlines it wasn’t  as though Derby just didn’t submit the revised accounts it was done with the EFLs agreement  

26 minutes ago, David said:

Struggling to understand how the BBC Boro reporter is saying their results at the end of that season are irrelevant when the claim is we cost them a place in the play offs. ? 

Me too. If they picked up more points they would be in the playoffs that is surley an easy concept to understand.

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wycombe owner sounds like he is very determined and no idiot. He is putting the boot into the Admistrators and Mel. He has a point that there has been no deal yet with HMRC or DEL

My understanding is that a deal had been lined up with all creditors. Obviously Couhig and Gibson wouldn't know that as they aren't creditors

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

LAP's decision was to submit the account to the EFL by 18th August. The 20/21 season had already started by this date.

I recall this date was pushed back, back that doesn't seem to be material to this discussion.

And that date wasn’t the end of the process either. If we overspent in those accounts, it was the start of a whole new process that only resulted in deductions in November 2021, and that was with a supposedly expedited agreed decision.

Couhig saying if there are interested bidders and they want a solution to contact him directly to discuss, it is essentially a ransom, by him, by Middlesbrough, and by extension the EFL. They’re collectively saying “if you want this to move forward, pay us something, that’s it”

In fact, it’s almost “you tell us how much money you’re putting in and we’ll tell you how much of it we’re taking”. Another dig at the admins and their promises as well, says admins using the claims and the EFL to distract from their own failings.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Couhig saying if there are interested bidders and they want a solution to contact him directly to discuss, it is essentially a ransom, by him, by Middlesbrough, and by extension the EFL. They’re collectively saying “if you want this to move forward, pay us something, that’s it”

Extortion

This is truly awful. I’m sorry but this can be dealt with very clearly and quickly in an interview.

How do these clubs know, by the way, we were ‘systematically cheating’ before accounts were submitted and a  proper case was put against us. It’s almost as if someone at the EFL  was leaking confidential information isn’t it. I just wonder…?