Rob Couhig on Sports Scene at 6

Ellafella

14 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Couhig talks the talk but don't dwell on him being given airtime on the radio. We've made massive strides in the past few days.

Stay on target. Keep pushing

Furthermore, having listened to it more closely, does nobody find it extremely interesting that this guy volunteered to go on Radio Derby?

Why is that? Who is his audience?

It's you. It's Derby fans. That's why he asked "how much do the administrators expect to make from the Derby case?". "Why do they keep missing the deadlines they promised you?"

He's paying close attention to Derby fans becoming disgruntled with the administrators and picked those very same talking points to bring up. He explains very little about why he has a case, and spends most of it laying into Quantuma.

Because he wants to squash our solidarity. I have concerns over Quantuma as well but don't take his word on it. He wants us to fight with them rather than with him

Edited by Tombo

I'm afraid we now live in a world where people can claim for this and for that....even if you're employed as a driver for a top online shop apparently there drivers can now claim due to them.....driving!! we live in a world where someone somewhere will try and convince you your trip over the kerb or slip when you wasn't being careful is someone elses fault and guess what you can earn out of it!!!

I hate this current route of trying to get money out of people and makes legitimate claims regarding negligence treated with the same respect as the parasite hangers on trying to make a few quid

Both Gibson and the Wycombe bloke are chancers like above and will not stop until they see some financial benefit to there claims ...I think any chance of either of them rescinding there claims are futile and do think our energies should be towards the EFL and the admin team as I don't think either of those two parasites actually care less if we fold as a club.

There are so many people i hear saying you won't fold etc etc but without the EFL growing some balls and dealing with these parasites I do actually fear we will go under....for the record...I DO NOT want either of these scumbags given one penny because it is plain wrong!

If Mike Ashley wants to pay either of them off then more fool him ...they are bullies and chancers and would not be doing this if we could defend this in court but the fear factor to potential bidders has been emphasised stating that any buyer will have to obligate any subsequent succesful claims

To put it into perspective...If any of us was to buy a home for X amount but was told that after purchasing the home there is a chance a large further payment may be due after your purchase and that amount is not known.....would anyone actually buy the house in the first place...in the meantime the value of the home is becoming less as some are pinching parts of the lovely garden you have ......

I do not currently see a way out of this mess and do think liquidation is a real possibility...we need strong intervention or we are in big trouble......but no point aiming anything at the two parasites because they've already shown us there true colours .....

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Furthermore, having listened to it more closely, does nobody find it extremely interesting that this guy volunteered to go on Radio Derby?

Why is that? Who is his audience?

It's you. It's Derby fans. That's why he asked "how much do the administrators expect to make from the Derby case?". "Why do they keep missing the deadlines they promised you?"

He's paying close attention to Derby fans becoming disgruntled with the administrators and picked those very same talking points to bring up. He explains very little about why he has a case, and spends most of it laying into Quantuma.

Because he wants to squash our solidarity. I have concerns over Quantuma as well but don't take his word on it. He wants us to fight with them rather than with him

I agree 100%.

I think the EFL, Boro and Wycombe were all snug in their little cartel thinking how they could collude to extort money out of us and/or liquidate us and they have all been taken by surprise by this weekend.

When a spotlight has been shone on this whole affair, the majority of right-thinking people think their collective behaviour is awful. It’s telling that the EFL and Boro statements and Couhig’s interview all contain a section about how they’ve been wrongly cast as the villains by Derby or Quantuma. They’ve coasted along prattling about how they’re the ones protecting the integrity of the game, happy that no-ones taking a closer look and to find that the general public and a fully-fledged parliamentary debate all think they’re wrong uns has knocked them off stride. 

We do need to keep pushing. We could turn this round yet. 

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Easy to do behind a pc/phone screen when you can fact check what he's saying rather than doing it face to face.

I doubt even Ed felt he did a good job interviewing, but he still managed to show the entire country what a weasel the wannabe Saul Goodman is.

Maybe not Ed’s finest hour but the people Couhig needs to appeal to are the EFl team who are reviewing these claims. They will listen to this and see straight through the dissembling 

He might be a lawyer or judge in the States but he does not appear to understand how the system works over hear. I have been at companies in administration twice and never known what any offers to creditors were but he is asking the interviewer to obviously does not know. Also he knows why Derby were late publishing the financials but failed to say what his proof was other than he knows. Would like to see him rely on his so called knowledge in a court of law.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Couhig in other interviews last year used the phase systematic cheating - well we now know where that came from judging from the MFC statement today. 

When he said he had no knowledge of Boro's claim, my chin started itching so hard I had to scratch it with a fork. 

If they're not colluding, I'll eat his Cowboy hat. 

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Can you provide a link to a recording? what's the gist of what was said. Thanks @Ram1988

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_five_live

I hope that works

So far they have been going through how Derby got into this mess (Mel Morris era) and now Pav from the punjabi rams are on about that it means to fans/community.

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

He might be a lawyer or judge in the States but he does not appear to understand how the system works over hear. I have been at companies in administration twice and never known what any offers to creditors were but he is asking the interviewer to obviously does not know. Also he knows why Derby were late publishing the financials but failed to say what his proof was other than he knows. Would like to see him rely on his so called knowledge in a court of law.

Far as I no they weren't late .  They were filed fine for 3 years , then they appealed, then we were told to resubmit by an agreed date.  Take it up with the EFL and their procedure.

smallest-violin-funny.gif