Rob Couhig on Sports Scene at 6

Ellafella

14 minutes ago, BrudeRAM said:

Sad to say I’m listening to Rob Couhig and think he is very impressive, think he could make a convincing case for Wycombe. Silence from Quantuma is deafening

If one doesn't know any facts about the case or how football or legal cases work, then yes.

Edited by RoyMac5

I listened to that grinding my teeth but frankly none of that was any real surprise from an American businessman. There was always zero chance of him just going "yeah, you're probably right, I'll withdraw our action". Culturally legal action is taken at the drop of a hat and he won't give a rats ass about tradition and history or fans and local businesses. As much if not more than Gibson this guy would happily see us extinguished without giving it a 2nd thought.

Fundamentally though both he and Gibbo seem to be under the impression that there is a pot of money that we can dip into to make this go away. The only pots of money belong to people who have not yet agreed to take on a financial basket case of a club and that is borderline worth already. Meanwhile our playing assets are at risk and that would further degrade the potential value. Honestly, I just have no idea how this end. I was delighted to see the raising of the profile earlier in parliament but the radio silence from Administrators is rather worrying.

Alongside a financial penalty of £100,000, the Club received a reprimand as to its future conduct and was ordered to submit revised and restated accounts for the years ended 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017, and 30 June 2018 to the EFL by Wednesday 18 August 2021.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-Derby-county

The deadline wasn't until the 18th, by which point we would have played 3 games, before being extended to the 24th.

The 18th would have been too late to switch divisions regardless of what our accounts looked like.

Even if we had intentionally delayed handing over our accounts, the deadline allowed us to do so.

Now you could potentially then take this further back by saying Boro trying to get in on the claims also delayed proceedings, causing the knock on effect.

Either way, I honestly don't see how we can be at fault in this particular case with Wycombe.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

On another note from that interview, what do we reckon about his suggestion that the claims aren’t the only barrier to sale?

Have we or have we not come to agreements with HMRC and other creditors, to which the bidders are happy to comply with? 

I think Gibsons claims is one of the biggest barriers. The EFL need to step up and silence them.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

I think he did a terrible job with the Mel Morris interview.

Today's was more useful, by letting the gobshite set out his position in full allows us to see how weak their claims are.

Yeah I think what needs to be remembered is that they’ve essentially put Couhig’s grievances into the public domain. To be honest having an EFL statement, Parry’s quotes, the Boro statement and that interview in the public domain is a positive thing for us as it means those MP’s and those batting for us actually have quotes that they can scrutinise.

I know Ed isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and loads of us would have loved the chance to go and argue with both of those twits, but it might have done a more useful job in the long run here.

17 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Let's not take out our ire on Ed. Its not an easy interview to do and it's been a whirlwind few days in which I suppose his time to prepare has been limited. He's done lots of good interviews and asked pressing questions quite often in the past

If you got 1 shot, 1 opportunity, would you take it? 

1 minute ago, David said:

Alongside a financial penalty of £100,000, the Club received a reprimand as to its future conduct and was ordered to submit revised and restated accounts for the years ended 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017, and 30 June 2018 to the EFL by Wednesday 18 August 2021.

The deadline wasn't until the 18th, by which point we would have played 3 games, before being extended to the 24th.

The 18th would have been too late to switch divisions regardless of what our accounts looked like.

Even if we had intentionally delayed handing over our accounts, the deadline allowed us to do so.

Now you could potentially then take this further back by saying Boro trying to get in on the claims also delayed proceedings, causing the knock on effect.

Either way, I honestly don't see how we can be at fault in this particular case with Wycombe.

No, But I know a man who does

4 minutes ago, David said:

Superb @David You should’ve done the interview. That’s why we need a timeline of facts. That would’ve got Couhig on the back foot. 

Edited by Ellafella

The overarching theme in all of this was the understanding of both Wycombe and Boro that there is some pot of funds available that they want their slice of the pie of.

The Wycombe chairman was at pains to point out several times that the admins still haven't agreed how much of that pot will be given to HMRC, how much to Dell etc so therefore until this is done they can't then agree how much can be allocated to Wycombe and Boro and presumably then the two clubs will judge this be acceptable or not for them to withdraw their claims.