The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

One concern I have about kirchner is could he do an MM. 

In my opinion, Mm didn't have a footballing brain, he did seem to have the right footballing advisors around him.

Kirchner would need someone very knowledgeable about football to help advise him on footballing decisions at the football club management level.

Then he needs a seriously gifted scouting team, because somehow he's got to rebuild a team that wasn't good enough to compete in the Championship and now its down to circa 4 or 5 players in the summer and most of those you would want to consider whether to move on as they probably weren't the star performers.

There's literally no area of the team that doesn't need a rebuild if the game plan is to escape league one in a season.

Escape league one because there's no decent financial return in League one.

To escape derby have to beat the best teams in League one, a quality team must be built to do that.

You cant build a quality team at Derby with the sorts of players that Derby were forced to sign this season.

If we need 11 new players of quality thats a big challenge to get thar done in the summer.

You can't sign the best free agents as those players don't want a league one team.

If there's a 15 point deduction from the efl, that's a greater need for a quality team.

If the takeover gets sorted quickly, we will be able to re-sign any players that are willing. I'd guess that we'll have more like 15 players. It'll still need a big rebuild, but at least we should have the core of a squad. 

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Now then, you know he's allergic to anything that could even vaguely be considered to be good news - anyway he's probably busy trying to return all his liquidation party balloons.....

Nah, he won't give up that easily. He's currently trying to change the year on them to 2023. Get ready for the 'just a stay of execution' posting as soon as he's finished.

22 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You're probably right on that, but hopefully it's something that can be filed away as stupid young man behaviour he has learned from and doesn't reflect his genuinely held views.

Having lived in the US for 20 years I noticed that American kids act a lot younger than their UK counter parts. You see 18/19 year olds behaving like they're 13, and 30 year olds acting like 18/19 year olds. My daughter went to high school in the states and was more, adult is the only word I can use, than anyone in her class and even some of the seniors who were 2 years older than her. 

42 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

The fact he was so quick to ditch Preston does bother me.

None of us know what the deals at Preston were like. Could be as soon as he looked under the kilt it was obviously not for him! I think decisiveness is a positive attribute. If you are making an error the sooner you know and can react.

We need to get behind this guy, we have been waiting for a PB for months, he may not be the 1st choice for all of us, however, if he saves our beloved DCFC we should all give him our support.

Who knows what else will happen in the next few weeks, but this is the first bit of confirmed positive news we have had in months so let's stick together as we have done all season.

3 minutes ago, Pikeyram said:

We need to get behind this guy, we have been waiting for a PB for months, he may not be the 1st choice for all of us, however, if he saves our beloved DCFC we should all give him our support.

Who knows what else will happen in the next few weeks, but this is the first bit of confirmed positive news we have had in months so let's stick together as we have done all season.

Well yes. He’s not my preference but do we really have a choice? If not then get him in asap. 

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Sorry but cant believe some of the crap on here . What do people WANT are we waiting for JESUS to take us over thats never done anything wrong . The amount of people that have done dubious stuff and still in positions of well paid roles is ridiculous you could write a thread 1000 pages long and over on people . 

Yes its not great but hey its over 10 years ago who knows if he still thinks the same things but waiting for Jesus will see Derby in the sunday league . 

What we need now is the -15 applied this season over and done with and do a rotherham next year at least get back up in 2 years and all of this will be forgotten. Whether mr gibson will be happy at -15 applied this season is another matter and yes i stil lthink he will kick up a fuss and other chairman if its not applied next year .Although technically we are not relegated yet so the application of -15 would count to a penalty this season as it certainly takes us down so its worth going after . 

I want Kirchner he is 34 and is obviously an eager beaver . MA wouldnt be bad and a proven track record but even the house of commons took a very very close look at his ethics and it makes me laugh most people would be happy to have him and not kirchner on that basis alone not counting his obvious money pit . 

Get Kirchner in a new broom and a new start nest year L1 is not that bad we have been there before we will get out but whether its at first time of asking is the question . 

Well said. As it says in the Good Book "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

I hope that's the last I hear about Mike Ashley. I don't get the support he still has amongst fans when he could easily have put in a decent bid ages ago and spared us all these weeks & months of pain. Hopefully his fannying around / playing hardball to get the price down has meant his bluff has now been called.