The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

????????

I think we're all be pleasantly surprised at the speed with which things are moving.

"Any change of ownership is unlikely to happen for two months at least, Sky Sports News has been told, and there are still many more barriers to overcome."

So, how many players will still be with the club in June?

2 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

I think we're all be pleasantly surprised at the speed with which things are moving.

"Any change of ownership is unlikely to happen for two months at least, Sky Sports News has been told, and there are still many more barriers to overcome."

So, how many players will still be with the club in June?

As many as we want to keep and who want to stay beyond June 30 th 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It's actually nothing to do with the awful tweets, it's just an underwhelming gut feeling I have about him. I am not convinced he has the funds. I really hope that I am wrong.

This bothers me too, much more than the tweets. I hope he'll prove to have funds, and a plan. But I can't claim to be enormously confident. 

56 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Talksport talking about CK .

Jordan sticking up for him but White and is it Sinclair really going at him 

Opened up for debate now 

Cant see why they have to stick their noses in, he hasnt chopped anybodies heads or hand off has he. At the end of the day dont they get it we could have been liquidated, anybody that can save our club is welcome in my eyes.

18 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I hope that's the last I hear about Mike Ashley. I don't get the support he still has amongst fans when he could easily have put in a decent bid ages ago and spared us all these weeks & months of pain. Hopefully his fannying around / playing hardball to get the price down has meant his bluff has now been called.

Unlike Kirchner who has pulled out of two bids. Let’s hope it’s third time lucky.

Glad we have a preferred bidder,glad it's Kirchner with his enthusiasm and passion for the club,glad it's an American bid for the same reasons and hopeful that the regime change will bring through new ideas across the board not just at the low level,low budget,same old,that ashleys ownership would have brought to the club.

Actually getting excited for our future,even though it's going to be beginning in league one,we perhaps need that to start afresh.

COYR...

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

26 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Think the administrators have rushed this announcement. They need to take a breather & have a long think about it.  It’s all going surprisingly too quick. 

Joking aside (I hope you're joking...???), you do wonder how long Kirchner has actually been talking to the admins.  It certainly feels like his Preston exclusivity expired on one day, and he'd had a bid accepted here the next.  But he could have easily been talking to us for a few weeks without letting Preston know.  You have to wonder whether his exclusivity with Preston went both ways, and we had to wait for that to expire before we could publicly name him or something.

58 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Have you not considered that maybe he was serious about Preston but after looking at what the'd get for his money, he considered Derby was the better option?

For all their history, Preston will always struggle to attract big crowds due to their location. If he could get them to the PL, they'd need heavy ongoing investment to stay there (in much the same way Wigan did). Conversely, Derby could be self-sustaining as a PL club and provide a far bigger re-sale value if he decides to cash in on his investement in the future....

From reading the Preston Forum, it appears that there is money needs spending on the ground (looks nice, but isn't apparently) & expensive problems with the training facilities

Which reminds me, if CK isn't buying our ground just yet, what about Moor Farm ?

Edited by SamUltraRam

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

The concourse could do with a shake-up to be honest.

Awful selection of food and drinks, and the queues are always terrible.

The staff need training. It's supposed to be fast food.  Me and my two young'ns have queued for the interity of half time on several occasions and ended up back at our seats empty handed so we don't miss the game. We have started having burgers from one of the vans outside before we go in - that was £18 the club didn't get on Saturday!

7 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Is the PB allowed to run the club?

(Sell tickets, re-sign players etc)

I thought at end of last year we were thinking that the answer to this question is yes.

Technically no, practically "sort of yes" - Quantuma are responsible until the deal is done. If they do anything expressly against the PBs wishes that very well may cause the deal to collapse, so Q are very unlikely to do that.