The Administration Thread

Boycie

Well then, something has actually happened! Quantuma did a thing! 

Let’s hope Kirchner is first and foremost actually financial capable of taking over the club, and also the right man to take it forward from here on in. Must admit I’m highly dubious about him, when compared to the other known bidders. Doesn’t seem to any clear evidence he has the level of funding required (he’s rich, but I’m not sure he’s THAT rich) and those tweets don’t exactly paint him in a good light. Nevertheless, in our situation beggars can’t be choosers. The only priority right now is to save the club, if he can do that, I’m willing to give him a chance.

I love this. He came back in for us knowing we are likely to be a Div 1 team. He could have had Preston for less money and in the Championship. 

He’s going to build Derby back to the big time, I can just feel it. 

Please just get behind him and give full support from day 1. 

6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Kirchner would need someone very knowledgeable about football to help advise him on footballing decisions at the football club management level.

Then he needs a seriously gifted scouting team, because somehow he's got to rebuild a team that wasn't good enough to compete in the Championship and now its down to circa 4 or 5 players in the summer and most of those you would want to consider whether to move on as they probably weren't the star performers.

This was my concern whoever the preferred bidder was. Mike Ashleys team at Newcastle didn't make good footballing decisions, constantly appointed the wrong managers and bought poor players

Does the Club have until May 24th to offer fresh terms to out of contract players before they are officially free agents?

That is seven weeks away. The challenge now is to get this sale completed before then as I very much doubt new contracts will allowed to be lodged until the club has changed hands and exited Administration with an EFL-approved expenditure plan in place.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Let’s hope Kirchner is first and foremost actually financial capable of taking over the club, and also the right man to take it forward from here on in. Must admit I’m highly dubious about him, when compared to the other known bidders. Doesn’t seem to any clear evidence he has the level of funding required (he’s rich, but I’m not sure he’s THAT rich) and those tweets don’t exactly paint him in a good light. Nevertheless, in our situation beggars can’t be choosers. The only priority right now is to save the club, if he can do that, I’m willing to give him a chance.

My sentiments exactly....just have a horrible feeling it will all end in tears....

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

A team is more than the sum of its parts right? Say Kirchner does takeover, it’s rumoured Garry Cook will join who has boardroom experience at Man City so brings football know how. He might also convince Rooney to stick with the project. Rooney will be a draw for some players on frees or on loan as we saw this season.

Potentially we then re-sign the majority of players who’s contracts are up, granted Bielik and Knight could be sold for example, but Allsop, Davies, Ravel etc may be willing to stay and give a strong foundation of a team to build upon. 
We might not need “the best” free transfers, more the “right” free transfers. Are there more academy cast offs we can pick up like Ebiowei and Plange? A couple of established, solid league one or even league two pros who could add to the squad if convinced to join. 
It could of course all fall apart, but if a takeover does happen there’s a chance we can put the past behind us, recruit well on a budget as Rooney showed he can do this season, and move forward with some renewed optimism. 

Assuming Rooney does stay he will be looking to recruit those with the right character. It’s been obvious that it is key to the way he wants us to play. And some guys who can play a bit. 

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

A team is more than the sum of its parts right? Say Kirchner does takeover, it’s rumoured Garry Cook will join who has boardroom experience at Man City so brings football know how. He might also convince Rooney to stick with the project. Rooney will be a draw for some players on frees or on loan as we saw this season.

Potentially we then re-sign the majority of players who’s contracts are up, granted Bielik and Knight could be sold for example, but Allsop, Davies, Ravel etc may be willing to stay and give a strong foundation of a team to build upon. 
We might not need “the best” free transfers, more the “right” free transfers. Are there more academy cast offs we can pick up like Ebiowei and Plange? A couple of established, solid league one or even league two pros who could add to the squad if convinced to join. 
It could of course all fall apart, but if a takeover does happen there’s a chance we can put the past behind us, recruit well on a budget as Rooney showed he can do this season, and move forward with some renewed optimism. 

Need to get the takeover completed first I think....

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Surely they’ve seen he’s got the money to complete the take over