The Administration Thread

Boycie

Beggars can’t be choosers and all that, and obviously we don’t know the terms of the deal, but struggling to get too excited about this development.

CK comes over as a bit of a knob in my view, but has clearly been able to accumulate a good amount of wealth very quickly in the tech world. No real football background. The stadium isn’t being bought, which everyone hoped for (including Q), which means Mel and MSD still able to pull some strings if we come out of admin.

Also the talk is that the -15 point issue is to be discussed, which suggests that his bid for the club is actually quite low (and that Morris/MSD are determined to hang around for their take at some stage down the track). 

Anyway, we are beggars, and an unappealing option is better than no option.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

If this doesn't solidify people's opinions of MA then I don't know what will. 

Remember how he was quick to tell people he was interested, but just as quick to tell people that Quantuma hadn't been in touch with him

ie Wouldn't put the best bid on the table (and assure himself preferred bidder status) - just buzzed around the carcass like a vulture, looking to pick up the scraps when all else fails

Now PB is announced and suddenly he's there telling people how he's still interested in buying us?!

Mike Ashley - Stick to your moody track suits and get the hell away from my club

46 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yep, it means Kirchner gets to sit down with Stephen Pearce and he has to show CK his accounts, what could possible go wrong?

Well i hope by now he does realise that we owe money a lot of it, but just one question, as we are in administration do the accounts get a reset and start with a new company owner if so he  must have been told the total debt what else could there be to hide.

2 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

If this doesn't solidify people's opinions of MA then I don't know what will. 

Remember how he was quick to tell people he was interested, but just as quick to tell people that Quantuma hadn't been in touch with him

ie Wouldn't put the best bid on the table (and assure himself preferred bidder status) - just buzzed around the carcass like a vulture, looking to pick up the scraps when all else fails

Now PB is announced and suddenly he's there telling people how he's still interested in buying us?!

Mike Ashley - Stick to your moody track suits and get the hell away from my club

Whilst I understand the sentiment, Ashley’s offer would be different to that of CK.  The latter is only taking over the club, potentially kicking some aspects down the track (e.g. resolving the stadium situation). Ashley I believe wants to simultaneously buy the stadium with the club, but I suspect Morris and him are apart on the valuation. Still think we would be better off with Morris nowhere near the club, and a PB who takes the club and stadium (but that clearly now looks like it ain’t going to happen).

Well at least there’s some progress, which is good.

Theres a lot of question marks over this guy though (and I’m not considering the tweets), you could say the same for any potential owner, but right from the moment he entered back on November I’ve not had a good feeling about him.

All that said we clearly are in a no win situation and need to welcome whoever offers our club a future, and right now it looks like Kirchner so good luck to him.

I also wonder how bigger winkers the EFL are going to be over this.

However, I think people just need to enjoy some positive news for once……..it feels like it’s been a long time!

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think you might find once a bid been accepted efl will have to approve it.

It was more a parody of F1 and drive to survive.

However the EFL can absolutely duck around with the process if they choose to be vindictive!

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

sadly unworkable for mass gatherings. You'd struggle to make the volume of fresh food required, to not leave customers going hungry or risk waste

I appreciate that there are some serious practical operational challenges but I suppose that it would depend on the size of the operation and/or whether with a reasonable length contract in place that there might be opportunities to grow the business with view to servicing it, particularly with multiple-use venues where there might be revenue through summer months with concerts and events etc.

There are a number of clubs that boast about the amount of locally sourced food that they sell, like the London Stadium so an increased element of locally sourced stuff is potentially possible if the will is there. Over ordering is still a potential issue whether you source locally or from a soul-less industrial estate near Carlisle.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Ashley I believe wants to simultaneously buy the stadium with the club,

Clearly doesn't want to do it enough to submit an acceptable bid. If he was genuinely interested at all, he was hanging on to get it at the lowest possible price - that wouldn't auger well for the club, especially as we've already been losing players all along this nightmare process.

2 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Moor farm is on a long lease like 99 years as it can’t be brought. Also Kieran maguire said on bbc radio derby last night that Preston upped the price at the last minute and he didn’t want to pay it 

Also Kieran Maguire said CK was Erik Alonso Mk.II in regards to Preston.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I really want to celebrate a PB being named after months of Q false starts, but it just feels like the start of another chapter in the dcfc saga. I’m a bit underwhelmed to be honest, but maybe after CK has laid out his plans for the future, things will become clearer. ( Not via Twitter please Chris )

Yep. We've just reached Weathertop. Not even got to Rivendell yet.