Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

11 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Tongue in cheek remark mate.

When you've lived with the slow decline from 76 just as the gumps were on the up, through to the 3rd division relegation, Maxwell etc its hard to see it as the worst but it may well turn out to be yet. Strangely though, some of the best memories are of those years followed by the promotions.

You won't get a ticket to away games next season for love nor money!

The Home end it is then Lets Go Win GIF by Major League Soccer

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Get angry in the stadium. But direct it at that scumbag Morris. Rooney and the playing staff need everyone’s support. They will be feeling this just as much as the fans. 

Important caveat, thank you.

This has nothing to do with Rooney and the players. Back them as much as we deride the ownership.

Sorry, that was an oversight in my original post. As you can expect I'm posting directly from my heart with little curation from my brain

I wonder just how much Wayne Rooney has been lied to here. He's constantly open in the media, perhaps too open, regarding what's going on behind the scenes. And nearly always, the exact opposite happens.

He's said the takeover has been close, then it falls through. He says he hopes we're close to signing players, still in an embargo. Then today he has said we can stay up with a 9 point deduction and a few hours later, we plunge ourselves in to at least a 12 point deduction. I don't believe he would be stupid enough to say these things without conversations with Mel, or Stephen Pearce. So what exactly is he being told, and why is he putting up with being strung along like this by liars?

Well .. that’s it then. League one next season and with a points deduction on top of that. 

All things pass .. we are going to have 3 or 4 difficult years by the sounds of things.

So what ! As long as the club survives as an entity and 11 blokes pull on a shirt. Then we get behind them and hope for a win. 

I only hope un secured creditors, the small people, don’t get shafted by systems and politics

Edited by jono

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we're going to do this we should do it properly. Let's try and rack up the biggest points deduction in a single season in football league history.

-12 for admin

-3 for unpaid wages

-12 for ffp

What else can we do?

Pitch invasion unable to for fill a fixture  -3 points

If I had already lost £200 million, I would not be prepared to continue to lose £1.5 million a month with no chance of stopping that process. It had to crash at some point. Today is that day. What must we do now to avoid liquidation. Do all our players become free agents very soon. Fire sale about to start maybe. How long will Wayne stay now. I wonder how much warning he got.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Love to see that some of you can still come out with the predictable snarky "but what you do expect to happen? We can't possibly have any effect on the club with our actions"

If you believe that, don't go tomorrow. If you don't think you can have any impact, why the hell are you taking up space in the stadium? Go to make an impact. Make your voice heard. Express your displeasure.

For God's sakes, you deserve to scream and make the roof come off Pride Park. You deserve to lose your rag and shout at the top of your lungs. Why the hell else do you go to the stadium if not to release your passion, in both good times and bad?

I won't keep my gob shut. Neither should you. This is an outrage, where is your anger?

It is an outrage and we are all angry but I fail to see what difference protesting will make. I’ll go to the game thank you very much despite your advice because that’s what I do - go to games to watch Derby County whether they’re good, bad or ugly.

Nothing we will say or do tomorrow will make any difference (especially as it’s now out of Mel’s hands when an administrator is appointed) and I’d rather we showed our support for the team. However, I support everyone’s freedom to protest but I won’t be joining the ranks.

4 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I could be completely wrong here but wasn’t the terms of the loan from MSD that if we tried to enter admin the club was transferred to them? If this is the case, we may not even enter admin but Mel gets his get out. So MSD now inherit the club and they look for a suitable buyer at a cut price deal and we don’t lose 12 points?

Yes, those are the terms of the charges. It may be possible that the club still won't enter administration. Serving the notice will have given MSD the chance to takeover the club. I believe it will be their choice if they allow the administration to proceed. They might want it to slash the debts. They might want to avoid it if they think we might survive in this division. 

I'm just numb to it now. I hardly feel anything. This has been coming for a long long time. It was inevitable.

Even the losses don't feel the same as they did only two years ago.

Mel has destroyed our football club.

But Derby County will live on. This is a big club with fantastic history and a huge passionate fanbase.

We'll be back.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

According to the charge, doesn't ownership of the stadium & club pass to MSD now that Mel has submitted notice to appoint administrators? Is it possible that administration never actually happens?

no, ownership does not pass automatically.  It is just about possible that administration could be avoided. eg Mel could transfer the shares to MSD who could agree to continue fund. But if that was the cunning plan, makes no sense to file a notice to appoint...  

One small positive, I was concerned that the morris EFL stalemate might drag on for another couple of years....at least gets rid of the waste of space and although it might be painful we can at least start to rebuild with a new owner (and that will hopefully be sooner rather than later)...as has already been said, feel very sorry for the many small businesses that will certainly be affected..but luckily Morris will keep his half a billion intact..phew!!

18 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Tongue in cheek remark mate.

When you've lived with the slow decline from 76 just as the gumps were on the up, through to the 3rd division relegation, Maxwell etc its hard to see it as the worst but it may well turn out to be yet. Strangely though, some of the best memories are of those years followed by the promotions.

You won't get a ticket to away games next season for love nor money!

Great away days in the old third division. poo ground no fans poo ground no fans.