Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That being the case, why have the club directors issued the statement they have? 

Wouldn't they just announce their resignation together with a change of control of dcfc to MSD? 

Resignation doesn't trigger the charge, beginning the process of administration does. It may be a bit of straw clutching, but it MIGHT not be quite as bad as looks tonight. 

Just now, Mckram said:

If it’s 12 points and no more then i can see why they’ve done it. Why take 9 points and still owe all of the money when you can take 3 more points and payback pence for every pound of debt. 

I’m under the impression it’ll be 12 + what The EFL deem appropriate but hey, I was under the impression Morris would be good for the club so take my input with a barrel full of salt. 

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Really irritates me that Gibson throwing his toys out his pram has ultimately cost us a takeover and resulted in hard working people behind the scenes losing their jobs.

Then football in general, the big 6 nearly destroyed english football bit have got away with it, we try to get promotion and overspend & get punished by a governing body who should be there to help & support their members not seek & destroy them.

Then finally, teams who got lucky & got promoted whilst breaching P&S/FFP get away with it as do the likes of the deals between Watford/Udinese & Forest/Olympiakos which clearly are done to get around the rules

No. The only person responsible is Mel Morris. If you can't see that then your part of the blinded problem. You sound like MM in trying to blame others for his dodgy ownership. 

Hopefully its just the 12 points (which is a certainty once the Administration is confirmed)..we can deal with that with the upside of no more Morris lies and bu11shyte..might even put up a decent fight of staying up if we get new owners in quickly.

Just now, Mckram said:

If it’s 12 points and no more then i can see why they’ve done it. Why take 9 points and still owe all of the money when you can take 3 more points and payback pence for every pound of debt. 

I agree. If taking the radical decision to file for administration is the only way to facilitate a takeover and and as @sage said earlier in the thread, it is MM asking to see the EFL’s hand after a long game of poker. There’s a lot more mileage in this yet. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Really irritates me that Gibson throwing his toys out his pram has ultimately cost us a takeover and resulted in hard working people behind the scenes losing their jobs.

Then football in general, the big 6 nearly destroyed english football bit have got away with it, we try to get promotion and overspend & get punished by a governing body who should be there to help & support their members not seek & destroy them.

Then finally, teams who got lucky & got promoted whilst breaching P&S/FFP get away with it as do the likes of the deals between Watford/Udinese & Forest/Olympiakos which clearly are done to get around the rules

Looks like Gibson co-ercing the EFL to appeal the stadium sale, subsequently passed as legal, has turned out to be the main driver keeping this hanging over us for so long. If the decision had been accepted as it should, then the other stuff could well have been sorted a lot earlier.

Gibson's got his way, The EFL have been proven to be a weak and cowardly organisation.

Yes, the buck stops with Morris, but if the EFL had conducted themselves impartially and not reactive to Gibsons mardarsery, it would have been resolved months ago.

9 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So which division/ league will the club start in next season? That's if Derby County FC still exist. 

I think I've got this right. Administration means, somebody comes in to run the club and also helps to find a buyer. The buyer will get the club cheaper than what Mel and Co were hoping to sell for. I think MSD will be involved due to the 2 big loans that they gave the club. EFL have already stated that once they have seen the paperwork confirming the clubs Administration they will deduct 12 points. If they continue to persue the so called charges against the club, there could be further points deducted. So looks likely we could be in League 1.

If the EFL push for the further points deduction, I personally think the media will slaughter them (time will tell).  If we only end up with the 12 point deduction and win against Stoke, we will be on -2points and if the current bottom 3 all lose, we would only be 7 points away from safety with 38 games to play.

It’s -12 for going into admin (which I don’t think we technically have *yet*, end of straw clutching…). The EFL issue is completely separate and may result in another -9 or anything else really. A new owner/administrator with a different attitude to it might result in a different decision (definitely the end of straw clutching now…).

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It is an outrage and we are all angry but I fail to see what difference protesting will make. I’ll go to the game thank you very much despite your advice because that’s what I do - go to games to watch Derby County whether they’re good, bad or ugly.

Nothing we will say or do tomorrow will make any difference (especially as it’s now out of Mel’s hands when an administrator is appointed) and I’d rather we showed our support for the team. However, I support everyone’s freedom to protest but I won’t be joining the ranks.

Tamworthram, on reflection I have no desire to spread division on the lines of this disagreement.

There's no need and I apologise.

Up the Rams and all who support them

29 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If I had already lost £200 million, I would not be prepared to continue to lose £1.5 million a month with no chance of stopping that process. It had to crash at some point. Today is that day. What must we do now to avoid liquidation. Do all our players become free agents very soon. Fire sale about to start maybe. How long will Wayne stay now. I wonder how much warning he got.

how is he losing 1.5 million a month atm? staff and player wages are absolutely tiny and we've just sold god knows how many season tickets.