Hull City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Isn’t it mental that when we actually try and play football, the likes of jozwiak and bird actually look like footballers. Good footballers. Thought I was gonna regret paying a tenner to watch but a good solid performance that and the best attacking display in a long time. Could have made it easier for ourselves with those great chances. I agree that shinnie looks a bit lost in this formation a bit but he came good last 10 mins when it was more his cup of tea. And as someone said, swap Bielik for him and suddenly that looks pretty tasty. Bird MoM for me. Did everything going forward and backwards very well.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

To say we have the slowest (cleverest) central defensive pairing in the league, Hull didn’t once look to get in behind which made it comfortable for us.

Boro will be similar at the weekend with their lumps upfront. I reckon we will beat them too if we play the same way.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I thought Shinnie was poor and Sibley faded but what a win. Bird was superb. 

It's great to see Bird doing well again, was worried he'd peaked too soon and had his confidence knocked, but hopefully this year will be his bounce back year!

I believe the Americans call a bad second season after a strong Rookie season a "Sophomore Slump" which I think is quite fitting for Bird.

Get in, the manager, players got nearly everything right tonight.
Bird was excellent, Balldock gave us something different, Jags /Davies partnership was  immense, Stearman came up with a Russell Anderson like cameo at the end and the snippets of link up play between Joz, Sibley and Morrison could see us getting a bit of a  creative spark back in the team. Add Bielik in the mix and we could do alright. 

I didn't see the game, as I went swimming with my family, the first time we have swum in 18 months, and it was great.

The youngest lad seemed to have forgotten how to swim but he soon picked it up and started to swim again.

Just like the Rams had forgotten how to win, but hey they have picked it up and started to win again.

The rubber ring is up in the air, and the Derby fans are singing loud again.

.............But don't forget the songs, that made you smile.......

Meanwhile .. The Derby Bugles ace reporter Bill Hindsight  reports a confident away win for a youthful Derby County side.

Easing comfortably in to mid table. 

*Bill is currently off work having had an altercation with senior members of the coaching staff when he suggested in his post match interview “Bubbles for everyone tonight then ?”

Edited by jono

Amazing what a difference it will make if we are not at the wrong end of the table early in the season. Last year when Rooney came in we were already in a dire position, I'm hoping that we string together regular points to keep the confidence and belief going throughout the club.

3 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Just wish some people would have the decency to give respect when it’s due. Get the feeling some on here wish we had let in a late equaliser so they can get an even bigger stick to beat him with 

? ? ?

we were excellent   I respect the talent of all on the pitch as well as their effort. Best tenner I’ve spent in a long while.  Exhilarating win

Just pointing out it is not a team Rooney would have selected if Lawrence and CKR had been fit. Far from it 

Don’t understand where you are coming from but congratulations on all the clapping 

The most impressive thing about tonight wasn’t the win or the goal. It was that we created a fair few chances from open play in the first half. 

Based on last season and our goals from this season I was worried we were in for another rough time of not being able to score in open play but tonight has started to ease that worry. 

It feels like we are finally turning the corner…are we finally turning the corner???

An old championship proverb is that if you work the keepers in this division, then they are more likely to make errors. Credit to Buchanan as he got an awkward shot away, keeper couldn’t got it cleanly and you get the rewards.

Lovely performance, more please!

Some lovely little patterns of sharp passing in the last third of the pitch, Morrison, Sibley, Bird, all capable of neat, precise play that creates chances and pulls defenders out of position. 

Stonewall penalty for the half nelson on Jags, Joz, Moz & Boz (Baldock) all should have scored from great chances created in open play.

Good tactics, good away win, great support all through the match. 

?

31 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

In all fairness listen to his interview from radio Derby few weeks ago. He was ready to accept but cocu told him he wouldn’t get much game time as he HAD to play Rooney and bird as he needed to develop. So not just like he turned it down for money to be fair to him more game time as he said he wanted to play and wouldn’t feature much 

If he’d taken the chance he’d have probably played 30 games. Would never blame Tom though. Great servant in both spells.