Hull City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

That was an easy win. 

Hull offered nothing aside from a few dangerous crosses in the first 15-20 minutes.

Derby had the better chances and probably should have won by more.

Easy win? I thought we worked hard and that was the reason Hull hardly had a sniff.

Would much rather give the lads credit tonight than suggest they should have done better, but that’s just me. 

Enjoyed that. 

I didn't mind the team but as its been a bit thrown together I didn't expect a thing from tonight. Shout outs for Baldock, Joz and Sib. CB's were solid. Some actual intent on show made it a much better watch, more of the same please. Early days for Hull but didn't look too good after their electric start. 

Great win. Jags and Davies look very strong at the back, Bird and Joz looked completely different players and back to their best, and thought Buchanan was an improvement on Forsyth on the left.

Morrison runs the show and is a classy act. Just hope he keeps it up. Sibley struggled physically today but his driving runs are a huge threat. Him, Joz and Morrison are as good as you'll get on the ball in this division in my view. Cracking interchange between them.

The ball slows down alot with Shinnie which is a weakness in this system. Think we'll see further improvement when Bielik returns. Him and Bird in the middle may not balance though so that'll be interesting to see.

Baldock did ok and got a goal. Works in this system as he doesn't need to create or holdup much. Just run behind and be in the right spot. 

Roos also strong tonight. His drop on Huddlestones head was lucky to be called a freekick but he was solid and good with his feet again.

Gaining confidence that Rooney knows what he is doing. This team is going to grow in stature this season. Think we'll have a positive one.

1 minute ago, rsmini said:

Goodness me that was stressful listening. Finally a win. Well done everyone and Forest lost 

It wasn’t so difficult to watch. They pumped a lot of balls into the box and some of our clearances could have been better but I wasn’t too stressed.

Let’s enjoy the win and take nothing for granted. No one became a great player tonight in the same way no one became bad players in defeat.

Jagielka and Davies great for 80 minutes but it needed Stearman to help them get over the line as they tired.

Morrison, Jozwiak and Baldock all lively tonight.

Bird was very good and Shinnie whilst not quite at his best nevertheless made some great tackles.

Our weaknesses were at full back where both Byrne and Buchanan looked under pressure. And Roos was unpredictable to say the least.

Just now, cosmic said:

Easy win? I thought we worked hard and that was the reason Hull hardly had a sniff.

Would much rather give the lads credit tonight than suggest they should have done better, but that’s just me. 

It wasn’t a criticism. It was an easy win because our centre-backs were brilliant and completely dominated.

Only bad fortune cost us from scoring more. Again it wasn’t s criticism. Joz, Sibley and Morrison caused them plenty of problems.