Frank Lampard

Day

I watched the game in Commercial Inn, Inverurie and I bought myself a pint of perroni, sat down next to a bloke with a real parrot on his shoulder!.....I had a look at my pint and it was definitely my first pint of the day......and nobody batted an eyelid to this parrot, big red and green one, looked like he was Man Utd, no blue on him, I think blue is more budgeeregar, anyway there's no joke, no gag coming, this was for real, so I looked up at the big screen and enjoyed the first half, Man Utd leading 1-0.

The bloke and parrot left the pub at half time and the parrot said goodbye on the way out, and the half dozen or so folk sat on the bar stools around the bar turned around on a Sunday afternoon and wished them both a goodbye. I looked at my pint again, did a head shake and carried on as per normal and enjoyed the second half.

Sometimes I wonder why I live in Scotland, I think it's for the entertainment, anyway you couldn't make it up, as for the football, I don't like the Manx, don't like the Spivs, but I'm looking forward to seeing that parrot again!

And if I had one of them modern phones with a camera, I'd have taken a picture, one day I might catch up with the modern world!

Up The Rams.

Bit surprised by some of the posts on here - yeah, the protracted nature of Lampard's move to Chelsea was a bit irritating but ultimately few could have begrudged him the move & we've arguably upgraded since.

I wish Frank all the very best at Chelsea so take no pleasure from seeing his first competitive match end like that. It was great to see Mount & Tomori (two lads who did so much to try and get us up last year) in the matchday squad & Mount to start the match. I actually thought Chelsea were much the better team in the first 30 mins & had they gone ahead, the game could have been very different. Instead a sloppy error means they have to chase the match & against 2 strikers as quick as Rashford & Martial, that ain't a great place to be.

Wrong man for Chelsea at this time massive gamble for frank Massive gamble for Chelsea Currently in this situation not being able to spend.

You need someone who is tactically aware and simply that is not Frank.

Selection was awful Abraham better than Giroud don't think so midfield looked awful.

He has not learnt a thing from last year nothing and his interview at the end of the game he has learnt nothing this squad will finish around 10th if he is lucky.

They needed a experienced manager to see them through this transfer embargo and the man was Rafa.

But i am glad Frank went to Chelsea because we now have the better Manager.

He will get destroyed in this league with this squad imagine Man city i cant wait !!!

1 year he did not get us up and he gets the Chelsea job it makes no sense and time will tell i think currently with is tactics he wouldn't even win the championship but we will see next year now that would be funny.............

I’m trying to think, but I can’t remember any time that we lost as much as 4-0. There were a couple of really poor results last season, but nothing that bad. 

In fact, one of our key characteristics was our bounce back ability. Gifting the other team a goal or two, and not letting it phase us, grabbing goals in the last few minutes, etc. 

Could it be that that is a Derby trait, and a trait of our squad, not something that frank instilled in us, and Chelsea just don’t have it. 

Imagine all those times we went behind, if we’d have capitulated. There would have been a lot of 4-0s.

12 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Wrong man for Chelsea at this time massive gamble for frank Massive gamble for Chelsea Currently in this situation not being able to spend.

You need someone who is tactically aware and simply that is not Frank.

Selection was awful Abraham better than Giroud don't think so midfield looked awful.

He has not learnt a thing from last year nothing and his interview at the end of the game he has learnt nothing this squad will finish around 10th if he is lucky.

They needed a experienced manager to see them through this transfer embargo and the man was Rafa.

But i am glad Frank went to Chelsea because we now have the better Manager.

He will get destroyed in this league with this squad imagine Man city i cant wait !!!

1 year he did not get us up and he gets the Chelsea job it makes no sense and time will tell i think currently with is tactics he wouldn't even win the championship but we will see next year now that would be funny.............

Who cares what Chelsea need? Let's just enjoy it.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Bit surprised by some of the posts on here - yeah, the protracted nature of Lampard's move to Chelsea was a bit irritating but ultimately few could have begrudged him the move & we've arguably upgraded since.

I wish Frank all the very best at Chelsea so take no pleasure from seeing his first competitive match end like that. It was great to see Mount & Tomori (two lads who did so much to try and get us up last year) in the matchday squad & Mount to start the match. I actually thought Chelsea were much the better team in the first 30 mins & had they gone ahead, the game could have been very different. Instead a sloppy error means they have to chase the match & against 2 strikers as quick as Rashford & Martial, that ain't a great place to be.

The problem for me is he is at Chelsea.  I like Frank. I really can’t abide Chelsea, and in particular their entitled fan base. I promise to take no great pleasure him being collateral damage as they fall down the league this season.

Really conflicted today.

I do want Frank to do well and prosper, but the pre match build up proper put my back up, Vids of Frank saying this is my club, Carragher saying what brilliant football he'd got Derby playing, when he'd have seen at most a couple of games etc etc, made we want to see it go tits up. Which is massively immature, but I couldn't help it!

On the other hand I wanted Mason to really announce his arrival in the top flight with a match winning performance, sadly not to be.

It's such a stupid way to look at things too, which is annoying me.

Cocu is a vast upgrade manager wise imo, so I shouldn't begrudge Frank anything, he's done us a favour, yet I want him to crash and burn without really knowing why?

I've even took to calling him Fat Frank, yet I was quick to slap down anyone else who used the term to describe him last season!

What a stupid game football is, how does it make us such idiots for following it?