Frank Lampard

Day

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm assuming they're joking? 

The score is always irrelevant. I think he will be happy if he saw good quality from the youngsters and the first choice players took on board how he wants them to play but perhaps just gently ease their way to 100%. 

They'll be a lot of focus on his pre season but it's not fair. His journey doesn't start vs Bohemians

The thing is, I'm not sure they are. I think a lot of them will be plastic fans who have a limited football knowledge.

The point is though, I don't honestly think that it will be long before the fans do turn on him. A couple of bad results, however inevitable we all know that to be for any manager, and they'll turn. Football fans are fickle, but I reckon Chelsea fans even more so. They turned on the best manager they ever had - twice! I have a sad feeling that this will all end in tears.

Oh, Frank, what have you done?

@TibshelfRam I totally agree with you - they are all spouting notions of loyalty at the moment. Claiming they will give Lamps time due to his past with them and the transfer ban, but i dont think it will take them long to turn if a few results go against him.

I definitely don't think they will be quite so lenient as the Derby fans if he for example keeps playing whoever their version of David Nugent is game after game or doesnt start a striker in a final.

I think most managers would struggle to get top 4 with that Chelsea squad now especially with all their rivals strengthening, but its going to be a real struggle for Lamps.

Chelsea have a large global fan base, I think Frank will have a lot more support inside of Stamford Bridge than online where the demands are a lot higher, more vocal and a little weird.

Saw one the other day which claimed to be London proud wearing a half and half Arsenal/Chelsea shirt, complete with Ozil and Hazard banner image.

Maybe it’s another Bielsa style culture clash, but it’s easy to understand why some would perhaps not really understand what pre season is for.

26 minutes ago, David said:

Chelsea have a large global fan base, I think Frank will have a lot more support inside of Stamford Bridge than online where the demands are a lot higher, more vocal and a little weird.

Saw one the other day which claimed to be London proud wearing a half and half Arsenal/Chelsea shirt, complete with Ozil and Hazard banner image.

Maybe it’s another Bielsa style culture clash, but it’s easy to understand why some would perhaps not really understand what pre season is for.

We could have an half and half shirt with Forest ,thought not.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, King Kevin said:

We could have an half and half shirt with Forest ,thought not.

Half and half with notts county maybe, half says Derby half says county and colour black and white

I don't think he will last long whether they're joking or not. It's not a great job. It hasn't been kind to anyone whether they have won stuff or not. They had the long term youth plan with Andre Villas Boas. They have had numerous quick fixes. They've had experienced master tacticians. They've had ex players win the CL

On 04/07/2019 at 14:45, SaintRam said:

No - but there huge weakness is their CBs - who have been complete cack, I'd go as far to say in the bottom 3 pairings in the league, for years. And somehow have never been improved upon. More so they keep giving Smalling/Jones new contracts, astoundingly.

If they managed to get Maguire, it'd be a huge hole filled for them, even if they overspent.

I think Chelsea, losing Hazard, need to aim for 4th as their big goal this year, and not be too upset with top 6. Even if Lampard does well, he's got a huge job trying to replace Hazard's quality with their youngsters, no matter how good they are.
Domestic cups are on the cards though. Again, assuming he does well.

Man City and Liverpool are extremely likely to win the English trophies for at least a couple of years. Only way not to get them is to play their squad players.

23 hours ago, Reverend said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48947083

And I bet Frank thought he would be welcomed home with open arms.

Oh dear.

How is that a newsworthy article. 

“A further 12 tweets appeared between the team announcement and kick-off, with a dozen supporters wading in on Lampard's team selection”

A whole dozen?!

Journalism is gone. 

32 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Mount has just scored for Chelsea and Tomori also gets a start for them

Don’t mind Mount scoring as long as they don’t start any funny ideas about keeping Tomori. 

Getting a little frustrated they holding our player hostage.

St Patrick's Athletic?  No me neither, so in my self appointed role as DCFC Fans third assistant cultural attache here's the low down.

The 'Pats' were formed in Dublin in 1929.  They bummed around for a full two decades before hitting the big time and joining the Irish national league in the 1950's.  They immediately became League Champions at their very first attempt and followed this up another five times over the next decade or so. 

During this period they had a series of all star names like Ginger O'Rourke who may well have been the most Irish person ever!

In total they've been League Champions nine times making them the 5th most successful team in Ireland.  They last won the league in 2013 and finished fourth last season.  They were also the first club of a certain former Ram, called Paul McGrath!

For that reason I'm all 'Up the Pats' for this afternoons match ?

Definitely seems a tough ask for the recently formed Frank Lampard's Chelsea County