Frank Lampard

Day

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Didn’t watch the match, but read that the players were less aggy and shouty towards the female ref. Was it that noticeable?

I thought so, but whether that was because of the glorified friendly nature of the match, or the ref being female who knows?

52 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Can we have last nights referee officiate our games?

She was excellent. 

agree. - she was excellent  - and I do think that the players showed more manners to her. - than the usual shout fest against a bald bloke in black

Aspiculetta (you know who I mean) nearly lost his lid with her. - but didn't  - I think he wanted too - but just spluttered at her!!!

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Didn’t watch the match, but read that the players were less aggy and shouty towards the female ref. Was it that noticeable?

I was thinking about it during the game and it definitely was the case, especially if you compare it to league games. Unfortunately, it would need to be compared to another meaningless game though and I cannot do such a comparison as I rarely watch these show friendlies....

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Can we have last nights referee officiate our games?

She was excellent. 

Thats good. I'm all in favour of equality.

P.s. was she fit?

Watched the match, Chelsea played very well and clearly set up to exploit Liverpools weakness that Norwich highlighted over the weekend.

Pushed 4 players onto the right side of Liverpools defense, outnumbering TAA and Gomez and then switching the ball out to the other side. Looked so much more solid with Kante on the pitch, he was immense.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Thats good. I'm all in favour of equality.

P.s. was she fit?

She was good. They recorded the conversation with henderson when he got booked...

Henderson - whats wrong? 

Ref - nothing 

Henderson - there must be something for you to book me

Ref - well if you don't know im not telling you

Henderson - comeon im sorry 

Ref - fine

Henderson - don't be like that,  please tell me what i did

Ref - whatever

Frank's furious at Chelsea fan's giving Tammy Abraham racial abuse on social media. Granted, Chelsea have a heck of a lot more fans globally than we do, however we would never racially abuse our own player, never.

Biggest club legend in their 15 year history, you'd think Frank and the players would receive more respect.

I fear Frank will already be coming under some significant pressure. Chelski fans are a long walk from patient and more than the result, the fact they finished the match hanging on for a draw won't have gone down well.

That said, while Leicester have yet to win this year, their 2nd half work seems to show they might be a decent outfit and it'd be a surprise if Chelsea are the only 'big' side they trouble this season. 

16 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I fear Frank will already be coming under some significant pressure. Chelski fans are a long walk from patient and more than the result, the fact they finished the match hanging on for a draw won't have gone down well.

That said, while Leicester have yet to win this year, their 2nd half work seems to show they might be a decent outfit and it'd be a surprise if Chelsea are the only 'big' side they trouble this season. 

Really interested to see how this pans out.

Never bought this whole 'free hit year' nonsense that, because of the club legend status and the transfer ban, he'd be given time.

Being given time goes against everything that has happened at Chelsea over the past 15 years. Abramovic and Chelsea fans are not known for patience or for taking other factors into account.

The long and short will be that a club the size and stature of Chelsea has to be competing for a top 4 spot and competitive in the Champions League. Transfer ban or no transfer ban. Frank Lampard will only be given time if he can achieve this. And I'm not convinced that he can. We'll see. But I honestly don't think that his club legend status will count for much when push comes to shove.

Yesterday (and the Man Utd and Liverpool games) set alarm bells ringing. Pkayed some nice stuff, started well. But defensively woeful. Far too many spaces for the opposition to attack. Conceded from a set piece. And the tempo really dropping off. Sound familiar?

That said, as @86 Schmokes & a Pancake rightly points out, Leicester are a good side and will likely be in for a decent season.

Without Hazard last season Chelsea were a midtable team ("officially" ranked 12th). Now they have a rookie manager. And he wasn't helped in an interview I heard with his Uncle Harry before Frank jumped ship saying if Lampard took the job he probably wouldn't be able to get 1st or 2nd because of the transfer ban but he should be able to get 3rd place. 

I don't know how I feel about him going, but it would be funny if he's not able to win a game and gets sacked come October.