Frank Lampard

Day

I can’t do memes, so you’re just going to have to imagine the ‘you were supposed to be the chosen one!’ meme from Star Wars. 

I really liked the idea of frank turning out to be some genius manager, win the the premier in his first season, then lead England into a halcyon age of back to back world cups. 

Oh well, now I’ll just have to go for plan b fantasy: Chelsea get relegated, and we wave as we pass them going the other way. 

Im nothing if not a realist. 

12 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I can’t do memes, so you’re just going to have to imagine the ‘you were supposed to be the chosen one!’ meme from Star Wars. 

I really liked the idea of frank turning out to be some genius manager, win the the premier in his first season, then lead England into a halcyon age of back to back world cups. 

Oh well, now I’ll just have to go for plan b fantasy: Chelsea get relegated, and we wave as we pass them going the other way. 

Im nothing if not a realist. 

revenge of the sith GIF by Star Wars

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I watched the game in Commercial Inn, Inverurie and I bought myself a pint of perroni, sat down next to a bloke with a real parrot on his shoulder!.....I had a look at my pint and it was definitely my first pint of the day......and nobody batted an eyelid to this parrot, big red and green one, looked like he was Man Utd, no blue on him, I think blue is more budgeeregar, anyway there's no joke, no gag coming, this was for real, so I looked up at the big screen and enjoyed the first half, Man Utd leading 1-0.

The bloke and parrot left the pub at half time and the parrot said goodbye on the way out, and the half dozen or so folk sat on the bar stools around the bar turned around on a Sunday afternoon and wished them both a goodbye. I looked at my pint again, did a head shake and carried on as per normal and enjoyed the second half.

Sometimes I wonder why I live in Scotland, I think it's for the entertainment, anyway you couldn't make it up, as for the football, I don't like the Manx, don't like the Spivs, but I'm looking forward to seeing that parrot again!

And if I had one of them modern phones with a camera, I'd have taken a picture, one day I might catch up with the modern world!

Up The Rams.

My Missus thinks that may be Lawrence who lives in Kemnay, he likes to take the parrot with him when he goes for a pint. You will know it's him if you see him again, just say to the parrot "where's Melissa" and watch the reaction you get. No joke honest and no i haven't had a drink, it's the sabbath.

Saw bits of it and they played some good stuff really, but with some dodgy defending thrown in. Thing with Charsepool Utd is, you're only ever a couple of defeats from a 'crisis' in the redtops, sky and talksport. Lower ranked teams will reckon that if they can keep it tight, they'll get given a chance. Dunno who they play next, but if they baalocks it up the knives will be on the way out.

I hope Lampard does a good job at Chelsea, not that I think he will. I personally don't think he will get the time to perform in what was already a really tough ask regardless. I think the only way he keeps his job is if he keeps within the top six. The next game is against Liverpool in the UEFA Super Cup. The first chance of silverware for Frank. I'd imagine that could end in a similarly bad way then you've got a tough home game against Leicester, who I imagine will have a lot of Chelsea fans expecting to win. 

I can see them losing their next two. 

SUPER SUPER FRANK SUPER SUPER FRANK SUPER SUPER FRANK

SUPER FRANKIE LAMPARD!!

Nah that game was poor, put 20 squidarooneys on them to get battered by the 'pool on Wednesday night.

Do hope Lamps gets success at the club and Abrahamovich gives him time, Chelsea need stability, even if they finish mid table this season.

13 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m trying to think, but I can’t remember any time that we lost as much as 4-0. There were a couple of really poor results last season, but nothing that bad. 

In fact, one of our key characteristics was our bounce back ability. Gifting the other team a goal or two, and not letting it phase us, grabbing goals in the last few minutes, etc. 

Could it be that that is a Derby trait, and a trait of our squad, not something that frank instilled in us, and Chelsea just don’t have it. 

Imagine all those times we went behind, if we’d have capitulated. There would have been a lot of 4-0s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47340085

Aston Villa 4-0 Derby County

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I would imagine even the most pathetic Chelsea fan would give Frank a season or two before deciding he's crap?

Seriously doubt it, ask Zola. 

Theres no loyalty in football, the fans are the only true thing in the game. Our club is in our blood, this cannot be said for any other element in the game.

No matter how many times someone states “this is my club” or kisses the badge loyalty is at 0% it’s all about the Me,Me,Me selfishness of players, managers and their staff. ? ? ? drives everything. 

2 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Saw bits of it and they played some good stuff really, but with some dodgy defending thrown in. Thing with Charsepool Utd is, you're only ever a couple of defeats from a 'crisis' in the redtops, sky and talksport. Lower ranked teams will reckon that if they can keep it tight, they'll get given a chance. Dunno who they play next, but if they baalocks it up the knives will be on the way out.

It's only Liverpool, I'm sure they'll be fine.
I think their best hopes for that one is that Adrian joins Alisson in the injury room and they have to bring in Andy Lonergan.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I hope Lampard does a good job at Chelsea, not that I think he will. I personally don't think he will get the time to perform in what was already a really tough ask regardless. I think the only way he keeps his job is if he keeps within the top six. The next game is against Liverpool in the UEFA Super Cup. The first chance of silverware for Frank. I'd imagine that could end in a similarly bad way then you've got a tough home game against Leicester, who I imagine will have a lot of Chelsea fans expecting to win. 

I can see them losing their next two. 

To be honest it was why I was a little surprised he went. It seems clear he's the fall guy to ride out a season where they can't make transfers.