Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Didn't notice it live, but just seen a video... The ref did indeed blow for the final whistle... as he was already heading full pelt to the tunnel... there was an air of "Look after number one, and sod everybody else" about it!  🤣

I noted it at the time.

I also thought he was taking the players off due to pitch invasion, as there was still two minutes of the minimum four to go.

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I realise he's not the most popular, especially on here it seems, but that was as heartfelt as it gets. He's a fan too. 

Bravo, Ed.

Aye, well said. Listening to the rams daily podcast on bbc sounds at the mo, it’s 70 mins long, first 20-30 mins includes Ed’s words at full time, comments from Eric Steele and Malcolm Christie then Dom right in amongst the chaos catching brief interviews with loads of the players and staff. Worth a listen if you have the time folks;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0htlpw6

Not sure if this has been covered already but could I also give a shout out to the Carlisle fans who stuck by their side throughout and were magnanimous about our promotion?

Spoke to several of them afterwards and they seemed a good bunch, saying what a great club we were and wishing us all the best.

Hope they bounce back under Simmo.

What a relief! Well deserved, I feel. My main concern going into the game was we might fall foul of a bad refereeing decision, which, ironically Sky would confirm. 
I shouldn’t have worried. Even the blatant offside for our second goal was ignored. In the end, it didn’t matter, as we could even have lost. I still don’t want VAR. Swings and roundabouts, and all that.
Onwards and upwards! 

15 hours ago, maxjam said:

I've been thinking that for a while.  When he signed for Bristol City promotion seemed a long way off, but now we've achieved it - and I'll admit I don't know much about Bristol City, you can't imagine its a better place to train and play football than Derby.

Shame to see him go, great goal and standing ovation though.  Once a Ram always a Ram 'n all that.

The boy did what was right for derby county , very good offer , money came in that allowed us to bring in vital cogs and he stayed on loan , busting a gut to get us up , so fitting he smashed that early goal in nearly busting the net ,,, the boy is a hero on a day for hero’s ,

max bird take a bow , a proper ram always , no matter where he goes on to play

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Not sure if this has been covered already but could I also give a shout out to the Carlisle fans who stuck by their side throughout and were magnanimous about our promotion?

Spoke to several of them afterwards and they seemed a good bunch, saying what a great club we were and wishing us all the best.

I’ll second that. Could hear “Untited United” way into the second half. They also didn’t look like a bottom side, they played some neat football. I hope they bounce back. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Thought they played some neat football at times. Hope Simpson is given a chance to bring them back up. Their new owners seem to be putting the money in too.