Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

Just now, Rich3478 said:

Was literally thousands of people as well, all ages, kids too! 
No harm done at all

Ref blew early but think could’ve played the last two minutes.

There was one lad broke rank (I think NE corner) and the ref seemed to see him and turned and blew before the onslaught.

He is the absolute arbiter of time.

Good on you ref! We didn't want that farce they had at Leverkusen where they spent ages herding them back off the pitch. 

I think the ref probably did the sensible thing in the circumstances and I don't think anyone involved is going to be particularly unhappy. Had we been clinging on by fingernails with Bolton winning big and 1 goal for Carlisle changing everything I could see on much unhappiness, but in the situation probably nothing lost by not playing those 2 minutes, even though it was incorrect.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

Given how important our history is to us, and given our penchant for displaying that visually throughout the ground, this really needs licensing and putting somewhere:

GMNQBskXcAEZu4P?format=jpg&name=medium

Honestly can't think of a better representation of the bond forged between the supporters and the players this season.

Can’t figure out which one is better

IMG_9082.thumb.jpeg.6eb8fb44d8a5c23a068d125237b5068b.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anyone have another player down for man of the match? Sign him up….

Bradley was closest IMO, but even then Ebou deserved it. When Carlisle were on top in the first half he was the one constantly breaking up their play. Even when we were the better side in the second half he was still doing it. He was absolutely immense and you could see how much it was gee'ing up the other players. Him not being here next season is nigh-on-unthinkable!

13 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Was literally thousands of people as well, all ages, kids too! 
No harm done at all

Ref blew early but think could’ve played the last two minutes.

There's no way he could've played the last two minutes 😂 

Luckily, he wasn't a pedant and blowing early didn't affect any league positions.

29 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anyone have another player down for man of the match? Sign him up….

when they gave him the microphone in the stand and collo tried to hush the fans,i was expecting an announcement that he had signed,he certainly was in the mood to party

2 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

when they gave him the microphone in the stand and collo tried to hush the fans,i was expecting an announcement that he had signed,he certainly was in the mood to party

I thought he was going to go full Wolf of Wall Street

Animated GIF

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

I want to give some credit to the Carlisle fans, too. Being from an extremity of the country, albeit the complete other end, I understand that it can be hard to travel to watch your team often.

I thought their fans were great, even after the pitch invasion and their players quickly dashed off the pitch, they still stayed there singing away and I noticed quite a few of our fans on the pitch applauding that.

They weren’t a bad side either, certainly better than their points and position suggest. They played some decent stuff and added to what was a great day all round.

The only downside is that there were probably some fans who could’ve got tickets but missed out because there were some empty seats in their end. I get it’s hard with the segregation, but I thought just over 31,000 was a little disappointing given how many wanted to be there.

Just now, Kernow said:

I want to give some credit to the Carlisle fans, too. Being from an extremity of the country, albeit the complete other end, I understand that it can be hard to travel to watch your team often.

I thought their fans were great, even after the pitch invasion and their players quickly dashed off the pitch, they still stayed there singing away and I noticed quite a few of our fans on the pitch applauding that.

They weren’t a bad side either, certainly better than their points and position suggest. They played some decent stuff and added to what was a great day all round.

The only downside is that there were probably some fans who could’ve got tickets but missed out because there were some empty seats in their end. I get it’s hard with the segregation, but I thought just over 31,000 was a little disappointing given how many wanted to be there.

Not really a fan of the OTT (presumably health and safety-led) seat changes the last couple of years. But I think it’s fair to say Mr Clowes has some credit in the bank.