Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

7 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Aye, well said. Listening to the rams daily podcast on bbc sounds at the mo, it’s 70 mins long, first 20-30 mins includes Ed’s words at full time, comments from Eric Steele and Malcolm Christie then Dom right in amongst the chaos catching brief interviews with loads of the players and staff. Worth a listen if you have the time folks;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0htlpw6

The Radio Derby coverage before and after the game was immense. Great having Eric and Malcolm together on there too.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

More "Club Legend" than "Another Old Boy"... although technically he had old boy knees when he was still playing, I suppose!  😉

Lovely to see that!  🐏🤍

What a player Paul McGrath  was, yes he had bad knees but he didn't need to run as his reading of the game and his anticipation were so good. 

For this exceedingly ancient fan (I saw the Rams promoted out of the old 3rd Division North) it was a very poignant day. From the depths of the North Stand it was - magnificent! Wrexham? Who needs Wrexham? The deep history of the club and its achievements deserve a bigger and better TV series! I might not see Derby get back to where they belong - but many on this forum will !

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandRam said:

For this exceedingly ancient fan (I saw the Rams promoted out of the old 3rd Division North) it was a very poignant day. From the depths of the North Stand it was - magnificent! Wrexham? Who needs Wrexham? The deep history of the club and its achievements deserve a bigger and better TV series! I might not see Derby get back to where they belong - but many on this forum will !

Not the first to have a small-minded dig at Wrexham since yesterday. They were formed 20 years before our beloved Rams so to make a reference to 'history' is ill-informed.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Not to be that guy but the pitch invasion was a disgrace. There were still two minutes of play left.

Why was there such a clamour to do one? Mainly by 19 year old virgins who thought it was cool. 

Nobheads on the pitch even before that.

The sons of the 19 year old virgins who did it against Fulham in 1983?