Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

41 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Given how important our history is to us, and given our penchant for displaying that visually throughout the ground, this really needs licensing and putting somewhere:

GMNQBskXcAEZu4P?format=jpg&name=medium

Honestly can't think of a better representation of the bond forged between the supporters and the players this season.

It would make great “where’s Wally”.

Reminds a bit of a scene from Les Mis 

BTW, I don't whether this has been covered, but Adams goal was wrongly called offside, not that it matters now.

It was wrong on 2 counts, firstly the defenders foot was hanging back and playing Adams onside, a marginal decision, but secondly the defender made a deliberate act to clear Sibo's shot which meant that Adams was onside, this was poor refereeing.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

There was one lad broke rank (I think NE corner) and the ref seemed to see him and turned and blew before the onslaught.

He is the absolute arbiter of time.

Good on you ref! We didn't want that farce they had at Leverkusen where they spent ages herding them back off the pitch. 

You could see the lino on the far side (away from the tunnel) was running before that even, he had obviously told his assistants via the ear piece to make their move about 10 seconds before he blew, he started jogging himself then and his far side lino was already most way across the pitch by the time he blew. I think you are right though, he didn't want to risk it and IMO he made the right call. This would've been highly controversial though if it was something like 1-1 and Bolton were winning by a fair margin.

Great day that will live long in the memory.  Early goal settled the nerves and even though we lost our way a bit in the middle of the 1st half, they never looked like scoring.  I don’t really remember Wildsmith being troubled other than the tip over the bar.

Really nice that Bird got his standing ovation and hugs from the players as he went off.  Cash-in ran half the length of the pitch to hug him.  Adams was immense and my MOTM.  He was everywhere.  A bit like the shopkeeper in Mr Ben - as if by magic, Adams appeared (one for the over 40s!!).  And David Clowes got his well deserved moment too.

It’s nice to read all of tweets from ex-players today, keep posting them.

Fantastic end to a great season 🐏.

32 minutes ago, ram59 said:

BTW, I don't whether this has been covered, but Adams goal was wrongly called offside, not that it matters now.

It was wrong on 2 counts, firstly the defenders foot was hanging back and playing Adams onside, a marginal decision, but secondly the defender made a deliberate act to clear Sibo's shot which meant that Adams was onside, this was poor refereeing.

I think you’re wrong on your second point. According to law 11, the defender also has to have control of the ball. I’m not sure sticking your foot out would count as having control.

The defenders foot looks like it might well have been playing Adams onside but it was extremely close and probably impossible to spot in real time. Consequently, it definitely wasn’t “poor refereeing”.

Thank goodness it didn’t matter and we can just debate it as an interesting topic of conversation rather than being angry about it.

5 hours ago, Archied said:

The boy did what was right for derby county , very good offer , money came in that allowed us to bring in vital cogs and he stayed on loan , busting a gut to get us up , so fitting he smashed that early goal in nearly busting the net ,,, the boy is a hero on a day for hero’s ,

max bird take a bow , a proper ram always , no matter where he goes on to play

He was offered a contract at Derby and chose not to sign it. He could have stayed if he wanted to but wanted to try elsewhere, which is his right. Let's not rewrite history here or pretend he was doing it for the good of the club.  

Good goal yesterday and hopefully for him he does well at Bristol. He's been a good player for us but I'd agree with him that it's time to move on for a fresh challenge.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you’re wrong on your second point. According to law 11, the defender also has to have control of the ball. I’m not sure sticking your foot out would count as having control.

The defenders foot looks like it might well have been playing Adams onside but it was extremely close and probably impossible to spot in real time. Consequently, it definitely wasn’t “poor refereeing”.

Thank goodness it didn’t matter and we can just debate it as an interesting topic of conversation rather than being angry about it.

I believe that it would count as having control as it was a deliberate attempt to play the ball and he had time to see it, it didn't just hit him.

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I believe that it would count as having control as it was a deliberate attempt to play the ball and he had time to see it, it didn't just hit him.

It was deliberate but he never had control of the ball. He stuck his foot out to block the shot.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

There's no way he could've played the last two minutes 😂 

Luckily, he wasn't a pedant and blowing early didn't affect any league positions.

He had already let the linesmen know he was going to blow,  the one infront of the east stand was sprinting before he blew.

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Was literally thousands of people as well, all ages, kids too! 
No harm done at all

Ref blew early but think could’ve played the last two minutes.

Hope the EFL doesn't take a leaf out of Basketball Ireland's book.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/03/sport/irish-basketball-quarterfinal-match-replay-spt-intl/index.html#:~:text=On March 27%2C the NAC had ruled the,will be replayed at some point this week.

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

Interesting, because it looks like our second goal was suspect. 🙃

IMG_3490.jpeg

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

He was offered a contract at Derby and chose not to sign it. He could have stayed if he wanted to but wanted to try elsewhere, which is his right. Let's not rewrite history here or pretend he was doing it for the good of the club.  

Good goal yesterday and hopefully for him he does well at Bristol. He's been a good player for us but I'd agree with him that it's time to move on for a fresh challenge.

Yep and he also could have held out and gone for far less money if any if he chose and he could have not accepted a loan back or just gone through the motions, none of which he did , so ok let’s not re write history but let’s also not omit stuff to suit either 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I managed a post lunchtime beers afternoon nap until about 9pm at which point i remembered the rams are going up ole ole and i was happy all over again.

Doing anything out of the ordinary tires me out! Yesterday was definitely out of the ordinary and I slept for almost 11 hours last night 😀🐏🐏