Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Indeed, but you didn't mention any of those in your original post.

Thought the original was along the lines of him doing the right thing by derby which in turn helped the club towards strengthening for promotion rather than a simple  I want out 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, NewEnglandRam said:

Small-minded? Ill-informed?? I very much object to those phrases; you obviously don't know what I have been or done in my life - so just to let you know, I have been (in no particular order)- engineer, metallurgist, museum curator (twice), broadcaster, medical librarian, textile technologist, aviation professional, etc etc. I am also currently on the main Board of a Registered Charity (with international reach) I suggest that an apology might be in order.

Yeah but can you pat yourself on the head whilst rubbing your belly in a circular motion though 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

You could see the lino on the far side (away from the tunnel) was running before that even, he had obviously told his assistants via the ear piece to make their move about 10 seconds before he blew, he started jogging himself then and his far side lino was already most way across the pitch by the time he blew. I think you are right though, he didn't want to risk it and IMO he made the right call. This would've been highly controversial though if it was something like 1-1 and Bolton were winning by a fair margin.

I think had there been anything to play for in the last two minutes he wouldn’t have blown early - the crowd would have been told to move back and we’d have played it out. I was still shocked though when it was blown 2 minutes early 😂

4 hours ago, NewEnglandRam said:

so just to let you know, I have been (in no particular order)- engineer, metallurgist, museum curator (twice), broadcaster, medical librarian, textile technologist, aviation professional, etc etc.

Just love the ” etc etc” . as if it’s obvious what would follow this random bunch of jobs.  

And if you were forced to choose a ‘particular order’, what would it be ?!

Wow!!! What a day!! What a weekend!! I turned 40 on Thursday and this has been the ultimate present. On the pitch with my wife (who hates football but wore the Derby shirt I presented to her in my wedding speech 9 years ago) and my kids and my folks creating memories. I’m hoping it will be a day my daughters never forget!!

Yes the performance was s****!!! But the result was important and was never in doubt!! Warne has made this team ruthless in both boxes and that’s why we’ve got up. What I love is the culture and togetherness he and David Clowes have built. I’ve never wanted a manager to succeed more than Warne. He’s genuine he cares he’s a good bloke and he puts in the hours and gives his all for the club. John Gregory for example, as an ex legendary player and prominent manager at the time I thought he was going to be our saviour, he wasn’t and his b******* interviews just left you feeling fobbed off. 

The togetherness from Admin is back. This group of players and staff is amazing and I’ll have fond memories of them and of yesterday until the day I die!! Some of them will move on but I back this group to recruit more amazing characters with more quality for the next chapter!! 

We’re back!!!! B4 will be looking down and a proud man right now!!! 

🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏

Have always said that the Rotherham promotion game was my favourite memory of following Derby but that changed on Saturday. After what the club has been through over the last 2-3 years to see us clinch promotion at Pride Park was incredible. The scenes on the pitch at the end will be part of our history which the next generations will look back at and wish they had been part of.

I knew for certain at about 0745 on Saturday morning that we were going up. The lift at Birmingham Airport to the monorail to get to the railway station told me so. A voice said "doors opening" and they opened. The voice then said "doors closing" and they closed. That same voice then said "going up". It was written in the stars with such a prophecy. The club would, absolutely guaranteed, be "in the lift" 😉

True story.

Thoughts on the match, pinched from the Carlisle forum.

I was the safe standing bit, I can’t stand the whole game my legs go numb but the railings were really good and can lean on them.  Wasn’t in great favour of safe standing but changed my mind.

“Bstand jnr was losing a bit of interest in all honesty over the last few games, which is totally understandable at 14 considering the s**** on show.

He's absolutely loved his trip today, came home bouncing and can't wait for next season to hopefully replace the "scenes" today.”

the sound was deafening at times”

Probably one of the best atmospheres for a game of football that I've ever been at, the Derby fans when they did that 'jumping up and down' thing were phenomenal.

On a more positive note, I've been chatting to a few Derby fans tonight who were all very complimentary about the Blue Army. They were impressed with the numbers who came down and of the noise we made. I've no problem with Derby County. A proper football city and proper supporters. Good luck to them next year.

………..seemed like a real decent bunch who deserve a lot better, good luck to em.👍🏁