Match Thread: (A) Peterborough United

Rampant

Just now, oodledoodle said:

Waggy scored as many goals today as he did in the 2 years he left us.

This is why I never write off a potential signing. Stats don't tell you the full picture, confidence, positioning, tactics, luck so many different factors to it, sometimes a player just gels at a certain time and club.

17 minutes ago, HedgeEnder said:

It would be nice to hear from the Warne haters but I don't think we will until we lose again.

Come on guys show a bit of class and give Warne a bit of praise.

Don't be so petty.

Sport, football, some games you win, some you lose. It's the long term direction of the football club that matters.

If it's cold one day in August, it doesn't mean that climate change isn't happening.

And it's not "hate".

I don't think Warne is the right manager for us. I don't like his tactics. 4-4-2 has somewhat been forced on him. Forsyth introduced him to Waggy.

Nevertheless, of course I want Warne to succeed. Because, if he does then Derby does and we can all rejoice in that.

Let's hope we hear from you the next time we play like we did against Oxford.

Now, quit your jibing and enjoy the win 🐏

Edited by IslandExile

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

After the first 20mins that was our best performance in a while, the most dangerous I have seen us look on the counter for a while.

2 wins from 2 away from home, a Waggy hattrick, goal from a set piece, a win away from home against a top team and also a win away from a losing position.

Brilliant performance from Waggy & Thompson. Nelson looking decent, NML did well & after Warne's tactical switch in midfield Smith looked good at holding mid.

Excellent win, still lots of improvement to be made but perhaps we’re turning the corner.

The quote from someone earlier that “ It’s almost as if they aren’t being managed in a way which gets the best out of them” makes excellent reading at 1734😀😀

Superb comeback. Waghorn absolutely outstanding - was concerned he might be finished, but on the evidence so far he looks like McGoldrick MK2. The drop in level shows his class.

I feared the worst after the first 20 minutes when they took the lead. But after that we absolutely dismantled them. Ruthless and clinical. That’s what 4 at the back does for you Paul. Let’s keep this going!

Had a quick read of the Peterborough forum and it never ceases to amaze how the narrative of us throwing money around like confetti persists with some clueless people. Oh yeah, that's right this forum is completely awash with posts from people worried about the vast sums that we've spent on transfers. Oh no, wait, that's right it isn't, because that is total b******* and we seem to be spending nothing and have sold £3m of players so far. Fridays transfer is the first fee and we don't know what it is as it was undisclosed.

Apparently we also have the biggest wage bill in the league. Clearly this is where we've all been going wrong. We don't need to speculate on wages offered and transfer fees paid because someone of the Peterborough forum knows all this info to the penny. Silly us. Nasty money bags Derby strike again. FFS...

28 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Been to the match, just back in the pub, what a game, just looking at some of the posts on here and I’ve noticed a lack of RoyMac can anybody check and see if he’s ok, surely even he’s got nothing to moan about tonight COYR

He’s been outmoaned these days, we have some Prem league moaners compared to his League 1 moaning I’d say. He has much work to do 

Eyeroll What GIF by Skrz.cz

Thommo was immense and (along with Waggy) is the difference maker in this team. Energy, composure, skill AND end product!

Shout outs to Nelson, Washington and Fozzy too. This is one of the best attacks we'll come up against this season, and even though there were wobbles, we largely defended well.

This was Warneball at its peak; an out press, out run, counter-fest where we'll score more than you. Oh, and the build-up to the corner Cash scored from was glorious too.

Edited by NorwichExile

Logged off just after the team was announced, and missed the lot today.

At 17:15 I decided to catch up on here, rather than checking the result first.

Firstly, what an absolutely fantastic result, and a wonderful way to send me off onto the continent tomorrow morning (Not Wagaluf, sadly 😁) with a skip in my stride, and a proud Ram on my chest!
Secondly, what an extremely entertaining read this was.  Encouraging, funny... and completely embarrassing for a few of you!  Blimey, I thought I knew nowt about football, but some of you are an absolute embarrassment!   🤣 

I expect us to be top, or very close to it, by the time I see us in action again.  (Sept 30th will be my next game).

Well done Waggy, Well done Mr Warne, and well done Rams!

... And thankyou fellow forum members, for making this thread rather hilarious in parts!  🐏🍻

Great result, can't argue with that. The true test is if we can do this against more of the so called better teams in this division but its good to see us seemingly turn a corner.

Amazing what happens when you play four at the back.

Edited by Jayram