Jason Knight

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Scott twine is IMO the next Jarrod Bowen. Exceptional talent. One of the most exciting prospects outside the premier league. 20 goals 13 assists last season, both footed, scores all kinds of goals from any range. Different player to Knight more in Lawrence mould but I think he will be better. Goal scoring creating attacking players will always fetch more money. 

I actually agree with your post but couldn’t help raising the name Kalvin Phillips.

There is an opportunity for really good defensive midfield players.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I actually agree with your post but couldn’t help raising the name Kalvin Phillips.

There is an opportunity for really good defensive midfield players.

True he’s an excellent example but again look at the transfer fee, Grealish was £100m. Knight would need converting to do that job but think he could do it and would be a route forward for his career. 

We should be aggressive in keeping the players we have, because either they stick around or we benefit financially. Most are in the last year of their contract anyway, so the power is in their hands essentially. 

Either way, I wouldn't be so keen to join a club who expect Oli Burke to lead the line in the top flight of German football. 

51 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We should be aggressive in keeping the players we have, because either they stick around or we benefit financially. Most are in the last year of their contract anyway, so the power is in their hands essentially. 

Either way, I wouldn't be so keen to join a club who expect Oli Burke to lead the line in the top flight of German football. 

I think other than the lads rhat have joined on 1 year deals, Knight is the only proper 1st team player whose deal expires next summer. If he isnt willing to renew then try and cash in this summer imo. Money from him could help bring in 2 or 3 top quality players for League 1

This is where we get to set the bar regarding transfer fees.

I can genuinely see WB thinking they can get him for £2-3m. That's crazily low bearing in mind there are English sides who would pay £6m+

Need to turn around and say to anyone who wants him you need to break the league one transfer record which is £8.5m.

Sadly I think this one may run until deadline day, but if no new deal by then we need to sell to stop Bremen or some Watford subsidiary taking him on a Bosman.

Good to see that we’re no longer going to be taken for granted and have any more players stolen from us. We’re no longer in administration, so there’s no need to sell players in a fire sales for a pittance just to raise enough money to survive. We should only be selling players if we’re paid what they’re worth.

In Knights case, that’s got to be at least £7.5m imo. He might only have one year left on his contract, but he’s still vastly experienced (yet still young) Championship level player of international standard. Werder Bremen would be a great move for him tbf, young British players seem to develop really well abroad, particularly in Germany. I expect him to leave, but not until we get an offer worth selling him for.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Good to see that we’re no longer going to be taken for granted and have any more players stolen from us. We’re no longer in administration, so there’s no need to sell players in a fire sales for a pittance just to raise enough money to survive. We should only be selling players if we’re paid what they’re worth.

In Knights case, that’s got to be at least £7.5m imo. He might only have one year left on his contract, but he’s still vastly experienced (yet still young) Championship level player of international standard. Werder Bremen would be a great move for him tbf, young British players seem to develop really well abroad, particularly in Germany. I expect him to leave, but not until we get an offer worth selling him for.

He's not British, he's Irish.

23 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Offer jasion knight a new contract then derby.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

More like 15 to 20m mate

Get him on a new longer contract if possible, then you can demand a higher fee, realistically though I don't expect more than 8m for a league one player. 

If he refuses to extend his contract then look at taking what you can for the future of the club.

I've accepted the possibility of a long term build, a slow build. If we have players that are way above this level, cash in and make ourselves financially secure. What's our turnover? 20-25 million? I think... 8-10m from a player sale keeps us in a comfortable place.