Jason Knight

Heisenberg

Leeds, Burnley and Newcastle all monitoring Knight, according to The Times.

They quote £8m but I very much doubt we’d get that for him with 18 months left on his contract? Probably lucky to get anything over £2m.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/Derby-county-set-to-sell-8m-captain-jason-knight-b97ms22wz

Edited by Heisenberg

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Leeds, Burnley and Newcastle all monitoring Knight, according to The Times.

They quote £8m but I very much doubt we’d get that for him with 18 months left on his contract? Probably lucky to get anything over £2m.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/Derby-county-set-to-sell-8m-captain-jason-knight-b97ms22wz

Newcastle.  Thats at least 30 million. Great

Ed Dawes hinted a while back that there was a lot of interest in Knight and he would be going in January. His impact on how the team plays has diminished over the course of the season too, although that’s not to say he hasn’t been excellent. If we got anything like £8million, then I’d be very pleased but it’s probably gonna be a bit less than that. Unfortunately he needs to move on for his career now too

Also it’s worth saying that any decent fee for Knight means we probably won’t have to sell any youth players, who’s value will rise, until after takeover is hopefully sorted

Edited by TuffLuff

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Ed Dawes hinted a while back that there was a lot of interest in Knight and he would be going in January. His impact on how the team plays has diminished over the course of the season too, although that’s not to say he hasn’t been excellent. If we got anything like £8million, then I’d be very pleased but it’s probably gonna be a bit less than that.

Again. Centre mid is an area we are blessed with depth (compared to the rest of our squad) and have great quality there.

Knight is a great player with a good engine but I also think he has limits which we have seen more and more of since his initial impact when joining the first team squad.

If he does go for a decent fee then hopefully that will be the end of the sales and secure our finances to the end of the season. His place can be filled by someone like Sibley or Morrison and we have Watson, Hutchinson and others in the academy that can add depth if needed.

56 minutes ago, roboto said:

Again. Centre mid is an area we are blessed with depth (compared to the rest of our squad) and have great quality there.

Knight is a great player with a good engine but I also think he has limits which we have seen more and more of since his initial impact when joining the first team squad.

If he does go for a decent fee then hopefully that will be the end of the sales and secure our finances to the end of the season. His place can be filled by someone like Sibley or Morrison and we have Watson, Hutchinson and others in the academy that can add depth if needed.

This.

While I'll be very sad to see him go, I'd much rather lose him than someone like Davies or Lawrence. I imagine the latter is a pretty controversial opinion ?

And we do have good cover as well, like you mention.

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I would actually sell for £3/4m. Obviously does a job in the team but not a role that can’t be replaced.

If we need 7 million at least one other would have to leave, I would take 7 million and we are sorted….in the short term at least…..

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

18 months is a decent buffer, it's not as if he can walk away in the summer for nowt. As long as there's PL interest and more than one club involved, it should mean that we get a more realistic figure.

If we could get through this by only losing Knight and let’s say Buchanan, and keep everyone else, then the great escape is still on despite them both being massive losses, any others it will be difficult.

Lawrence is the most important player in our survival chances. He’s our only real match winner, without him we wouldn’t have won yesterday or against Bournemouth. It’s worth more keeping him and losing him for nothing in the summer than anything we get for him. He would be the biggest loss to us IMO 

I'd take 8 million. It would tie us over financially until the end of the season without needing to sell anyone else. 

If this could get taken over the line soon could we even block the Shinnie transfer if he was going for peanuts to keep an extra body at the club.