Jason Knight

Heisenberg

13 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Now that Burnley have sold McNeil will that reignite their interest in Knight?

Burnley are looking to go in a different direction under Kompany. They’ve signed a couple from abroad which is almost foreign to them (excuse the pun). Knight was a typical Sean Dyche signing.

If Dyche ends up at Watford or somewhere like that I wouldn’t be surprised if Knight was near the top of his wish-list.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Burnley are looking to go in a different direction under Kompany. They’ve signed a couple from abroad which is almost foreign to them (excuse the pun). Knight was a typical Sean Dyche signing.

If Dyche ends up at Watford or somewhere like that I wouldn’t be surprised if Knight was near the top of his wish-list.

Can’t see Dyche going to Watford when they sack their new manger, they go through managers more often than I change my underpants. 

12 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Can’t see Dyche going to Watford when they sack their new manger, they go through managers more often than I change my underpants. 

He was at Watford before Burnley.

I assume he will hold out for a lower PL job or a parachute payment club.

Someone like Fulham or Watford fit the bill.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He was at Watford before Burnley.

I assume he will hold out for a lower PL job or a parachute payment club.

Someone like Fulham or Watford fit the bill.

If I remember correctly he found out he was sacked by Watford on the news… couldn’t see him going back after something like that personally. 

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Everyone is saying we must get millions for him but most Derby fans don’t even have him in their starting 11.

He doesn't really fit into LR's system. Knight's at his best as a box to box midfielder, but at present we don't play with one. That's why he spent half of last season stuck out on the wing and this season he looks like he might be RB. 

It's a shame really because he looks much better when he plays for Ireland in his more natural position, rather than filling gaps for us!

I don't think Knight should stay at Derby as a right back. I posted a lineup in the Oxford thread where we could use him as the box-to-box midfielder he should be, but I don't see Rosenior ever doing it.

Wildsmith

Mendez-Laing       Davies      Cashin       Roberts

Bird

Sibley     Knight     Hourihane

Collins     Barkhuizen

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

If I remember correctly he found out he was sacked by Watford on the news… couldn’t see him going back after something like that personally. 

Be at Forest by the new year the Cooper love in wont last with that lot

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Everyone is saying we must get millions for him but most Derby fans don’t even have him in their starting 11.

Yeah it’s a tough one, he’s almost a victim of being too versatile. Doesn’t score or assist enough to be one of the front four, his energy is amazing though. Needs to pick a best position.

If brings in big money I don’t think I’d mind him moving on. 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

He doesn't really fit into LR's system. Knight's at his best as a box to box midfielder, but at present we don't play with one. That's why he spent half of last season stuck out on the wing and this season he looks like he might be RB. 

It's a shame really because he looks much better when he plays for Ireland in his more natural position, rather than filling gaps for us!

He’d be great in a midfield three like Bryson wouldn’t he. Licence to bomb on, think he’d score goals.

48 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah it’s a tough one, he’s almost a victim of being too versatile. Doesn’t score or assist enough to be one of the front four, his energy is amazing though. Needs to pick a best position.

If brings in big money I don’t think I’d mind him moving on. 

I keep reading this but he got 7 in 31 in his first season as a midfield runner off a front man.  Some of them were as sub as well.  Wasted at full back and out wide.