Jason Knight

Heisenberg

12 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

I'd rather get something than watch him walk off for nothing come the end of season as I'd be surprised if he signed a new contract for pittance which is what we would offer compared to elsewhere. 

I’d rather let him go for free than sell to Brum. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I know we are in league one but he should be a £12-15 million sale at a minimum based on everything but we simply need him on an extended contract or we will take a low ball offer 

I like him well enough, but I don’t think he’s done anything to show he’s worth that much. I personally like Bird and Sibley more, in terms of ability and potential. I do appreciate Knight’s energy though.

16 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I’m sure I read recently that Derby had asked Max Bird and Jason Knight to sign contract extensions otherwise they’d be sold in this window.It closes on September 1st so we have an interesting month looming!

He'd effectively have to take a pay cut to stay here, unless we offered a bumper contract for him in year 3.  He'll be on less next year than this year by about 1500 quid a week based on previous contracts for Bogle etc -13.5 a week.

1 hour ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I’m sure I read recently that Derby had asked Max Bird and Jason Knight to sign contract extensions otherwise they’d be sold in this window.It closes on September 1st so we have an interesting month looming!

Max Bird is already contracted to 2024. Knight I think is 2023 which is a problem given EFL restrictions on wages. .

On 16/01/2022 at 12:44, TuffLuff said:

Ed Dawes hinted a while back that there was a lot of interest in Knight and he would be going in January. His impact on how the team plays has diminished over the course of the season too, although that’s not to say he hasn’t been excellent. If we got anything like £8million, then I’d be very pleased but it’s probably gonna be a bit less than that. Unfortunately he needs to move on for his career now too

Also it’s worth saying that any decent fee for Knight means we probably won’t have to sell any youth players, who’s value will rise, until after takeover is hopefully sorted

Who the * do you think is left in our youth team that's worth selling.

Its not bird, sibley or Stretton.

6 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Said it many times but I'll say it again we shouldn't be selling our best young talent to average championship clubs like Birmingham City. If a stupid offer comes in then yes we'll have to think about it but I can't see it coming from them. Would be a really poor move for Knight as well in my opinion.

I know that the club has had bids for knight 4 to my knowledge but that will grow before the transfer window shuts - I do not know how much they were either.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I like him well enough, but I don’t think he’s done anything to show he’s worth that much. I personally like Bird and Sibley more, in terms of ability and potential. I do appreciate Knight’s energy though.

I appreciate the energy, the versatility,  the current experience levels, the international experience and the youth - he is excellent 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Max Bird is already contracted to 2024. Knight I think is 2023 which is a problem given EFL restrictions on wages. .

Maybe he would sign up for another year with a release clause for next summer if we don't go up. 

54 minutes ago, sage said:

Maybe he would sign up for another year with a release clause for next summer if we don't go up. 

I believe there is restrictions either in the business plan that does impact bonuses and contractual benefits. 

It’s going to be very difficult for us to give him a contract, all things considered. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I believe there is restrictions either in the business plan that does impact bonuses and contractual benefits. 

It’s going to be very difficult for us to give him a contract, all things considered. 

How long do they want to punish us for

2 minutes ago, sage said:

How long do they want to punish us for

Business plan is in place for two years, so that’s no transfer fees and a restrictive wage budget for that time. It gives us a chance for Bird and Sibley, but Knight’s coming to the end of his contract too early.

We could obviously try and negotiate with the EFL but the more success he has on an international level, the more difficult that makes life for us (ironically)! 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Business plan is in place for two years, so that’s no transfer fees and a restrictive wage budget for that time. It gives us a chance for Bird and Sibley, but Knight’s coming to the end of his contract too early.

We could obviously try and negotiate with the EFL but the more success he has on an international level, the more difficult that makes life for us (ironically)! 

I know we can't sign people on more than £12k a week but if we can't extend on existing terms, we're really stuffed as we also can't offer less than he is one now. 

We need to push this as its a punishment too far 

1 hour ago, sage said:

I know we can't sign people on more than £12k a week but if we can't extend on existing terms, we're really stuffed as we also can't offer less than he is one now. 

We need to push this as its a punishment too far 

As much as I want to see him stay, if the 2 Yr restrictions we have prevent that as he wants more money then he has to go, and it isn't a punishment too far, there are a lot of businesses that have lost money,  it would be obscene if we were allowed to pay £750k/1m salaries so soon after screwing them, then there's the tax man!

I am surprised the salary limit is as high as being reported at £12k, it really should be less imo, feels wrong.