Jason Knight

Heisenberg

• 4 months later...

Apparently he got rave reviews today. By all accounts had MacTominay in in his back pocket all game. Will make it harder for us to keep him, especially with the situation the club is presently in. Expect clubs to be coming in with offers well below his true value.

There again Q might push for more, to make sure there's enough money in the pot to cover their fees after we are liquidated.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, jono said:

Anyone know What length of contract remains (if any ) for Knighty, Cashin, Tommo and Max ? 

Knight and Bird - this coming season is the last of their contracts but expect bids, I heard we have had 4 bids for knight already. the other two can leave now if they want to - I hope they want to stay and sign new contracts.

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Knight and Bird - this coming season is the last of their contracts but expect bids, I heard we have had 4 bids for knight already. the other two can leave now if they want to - I hope they want to stay and sign new contracts.

You can see Knight and Bird going. Senior players now (isn’t that funny) It would be sad but we’d get something. Hope we can keep Cashin and Tommo. 

50 minutes ago, jono said:

You can see Knight and Bird going. Senior players now (isn’t that funny) It would be sad but we’d get something. Hope we can keep Cashin and Tommo. 

Think that’s a key point now that’s most welcome. Would love the likes of Knight and Bird to stay, there’s always a chance they will but realistically they’re better than league one and any club at a higher level would be getting great talent if they signed them.
The important thing for us as a club now the administration is over, is that any team interested in Knight or Bird will have to pay an appropriate amount if they really want to sign them, we’d lose talented young players but we at least should get decent money for the pain. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Think that’s a key point now that’s most welcome. Would love the likes of Knight and Bird to stay, there’s always a chance they will but realistically they’re better than league one and any club at a higher level would be getting great talent if they signed them.
The important thing for us as a club now the administration is over, is that any team interested in Knight or Bird will have to pay an appropriate amount if they really want to sign them, we’d lose talented young players but we at least should get decent money for the pain. 

This year's Kevin Wilson?

Think he will get a move somewhere. Can't begrudge knighty if he did go. Would fetch a tidy sum of money. He has given Derby his all, as he should do. Hear Leeds are sniffing round him and would be a good signing for them ( please don't go to Leeds). Maybe frank will take him to Everton. Hope he stays but, have my doubts.

3 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

Think he will get a move somewhere. Can't begrudge knighty if he did go. Would fetch a tidy sum of money. He has given Derby his all, as he should do. Hear Leeds are sniffing round him and would be a good signing for them ( please don't go to Leeds). Maybe frank will take him to Everton. Hope he stays but, have my doubts.

Agree, I would love him to stay. I really think he'd help us be in the right half of the table (that's all Im allowing myself in hope at the moment) but he's one we'd get good money for and living within our means cannot be something we just nod to know.

9 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

Dead right. He’s a young guy who needs to make the next step of his career. At this point we would be better selling him and using the money to finance a couple more recruits.  

And all the best to him.  

11 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

Full international will cost somebody at least 15million if that spence lad is worth that after 30 games

do not need to sell cheap anymore same with bielik,bird sibley etc the vultures can do one now

26 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Full international will cost somebody at least 15million if that spence lad is worth that after 30 games

do not need to sell cheap anymore same with bielik,bird sibley etc the vultures can do one now

Take the 1 off and I think you might be closer to the mark ??

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Take the 1 off and I think you might be closer to the mark ??

i agree not worth 15 million but if you look at the market average players going for big money in the premier league 

we have to get some extorted value now after being pillaged for nearly 2 years 

1388 is right. nobody is going to pay more than 5m to a league one club for the player. talk of 15 to 20 million is cloud cuckoo land stuff. i think 2-3m is what he will end up going for if he leaves. he may be worth more than that but we have no power to demand a serious fee

37 minutes ago, alram said:

1388 is right. nobody is going to pay more than 5m to a league one club for the player. talk of 15 to 20 million is cloud cuckoo land stuff. i think 2-3m is what he will end up going for if he leaves. he may be worth more than that but we have no power to demand a serious fee

It would depend just how badly they want him!

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

1 year on his deal, be lucky to get 5m

If he uses the same TUPE dodge as Buchanan, we'll be lucky to get £1m. 

Funny how no opposition fans, or the EFL even, are "outraged" or even merely "disappointed" to see players trying to use "dodges" to get out of the contracts that they willingly signed, isn't it? 

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If he uses the same TUPE dodge as Buchanan, we'll be lucky to get £1m. 

Funny how no opposition fans, or the EFL even, are "outraged" or even merely "disappointed" to see players trying to use "dodges" to get out of the contracts that they willingly signed, isn't it? 

If we knew the full details we could pass fair comment unfortunately we don’t.