Jason Knight

Heisenberg

14 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Can't stand the argument that Knight should keep playing RB really, we need his drive and energy and goal scoring ability at CM. In this system and in this league he will be very good at CM, in a 4231 he is not a holder or a wide player or a 10 but he is made for the RCM spot in a 433 and that's where he should play. 

I know he can play RB but we should just sign a proper RB who we can rely on defensively or play Smith there and then play Knight in the middle.  He will have more impact on the game in the middle for sure, he's not that good a crosser or long passer that he's going to be having a big attacking impact from RB. But going forward from CM in this league going off Saturday he will be outstanding. 

I get the feeling based on his discussions with the manger he's not overly keen to play there either, so can't see that continuing if he's still here.

It’s probably more down to “if he will sign a new contract” on the conditions we are placed under tbh. If not, he will walk away for naff all next June. 

It will be nowhere near £15 mil with less than a year left in his contract unfortunately 

I’d be gutted if we lose Knight.

Yes we might be able to replace him with some 30 year olds on free transfers, but if we go back to the championship that is not going to cut it and to buy a Knight equivalent you’re talking £5m+.

Let’s not forget he’s only 21 years old and has over 100 appearances for us already. He’s not even close to his prime in my opinion.

If we have to let his contract run down, see if we go back up and then lose him for nothing if we don’t then so be it. We will be lucky to get £2m now but he could be worth £15m in a year or two if we keep him by going back up.