Jason Knight

Heisenberg

9 minutes ago, LERam said:

Get him on a new longer contract if possible, then you can demand a higher fee, realistically though I don't expect more than 8m for a league one player. 

If he refuses to extend his contract then look at taking what you can for the future of the club.

I've accepted the possibility of a long term build, a slow build. If we have players that are way above this level, cash in and make ourselves financially secure. What's our turnover? 20-25 million? I think... 8-10m from a player sale keeps us in a comfortable place. 

Think it might be closer to 5 mill with some add ons....

3 hours ago, LERam said:

Get him on a new longer contract if possible, then you can demand a higher fee, realistically though I don't expect more than 8m for a league one player. 

If he refuses to extend his contract then look at taking what you can for the future of the club.

I've accepted the possibility of a long term build, a slow build. If we have players that are way above this level, cash in and make ourselves financially secure. What's our turnover? 20-25 million? I think... 8-10m from a player sale keeps us in a comfortable place. 

I think the only issue is we can only extend his contract by one year. But I suspect he’s already on more, probably doubly what we could offer him right now within the business plan. So it’s unlikely to happen but fingers crossed something can be done 

16 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I think the only issue is we can only extend his contract by one year. But I suspect he’s already on more, probably doubly what we could offer him right now within the business plan. So it’s unlikely to happen but fingers crossed something can be done 

I hadn't thought of that, so we can't extend his current contract if its outside the business plan? So if he's on 15k at the moment foe example, his extended period or new contracts has to be inline with the plan at say 8k? I get why we have rules but it seems counter productive for the business plan that by enforcing it we will be worse off financially (although it's a risk he maintains form value etc)

15 minutes ago, LERam said:

I hadn't thought of that, so we can't extend his current contract if its outside the business plan? So if he's on 15k at the moment foe example, his extended period or new contracts has to be inline with the plan at say 8k? I get why we have rules but it seems counter productive for the business plan that by enforcing it we will be worse off financially (although it's a risk he maintains form value etc)

I can’t see that he is on anywhere near 15k a week 

18 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I’ve heard our business plan is really not very strict, it would be if you were trying to compete at the top of the championship but at the moment it’s not affecting the decisions we’re making. 

Can you define strict please? Because you could say that MM plan wasn't very strict...

and not very good either in the end!

8 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I’ve heard our business plan is really not very strict, it would be if you were trying to compete at the top of the championship but at the moment it’s not affecting the decisions we’re making. 

That’s what i was thinking. The sheer size of this club in league one terms and the difference in revenue means even with a break even budget we would still be competitive at this level. We can’t pay transfer fees but not many do at this level. Let’s say we get the job done this season, next season would be tough to have a competitive budget and the business plan would affect us more greatly although still be less restrictive than what we’ve had for the past 2 years.

9 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

9 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

As in EFL restrictions rather than owner imposed. Clowes will be very prudent

So there's no problem.

• 2 weeks later...