Jason Knight

Heisenberg

58 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

I can hardly believe we’d consider selling a young player like Knight with 18months on his contract rather than Lawrence who can walk away on a free in the summer.

im sure both will attract many admirers and command a similar price.

We won't.  With 6 months left and a massive wage, Lawrence will go on free.  I suspect a fee of 2-3 million for Knight as he will have a few suitors to push the price up a bit after the initial 200k offers.  

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Lawrence actually more important than Knight in helping to keep us up…

Knights defending high up the pitch is invaluable. He stops attacks before they happen with his constant pressing and chasing. 

He's one of those players that team mates rate more than the fans do.

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Knights defending high up the pitch is invaluable. He stops attacks before they happen with his constant pressing and chasing. 

I really rate him and recognise his great value to the team. Just think Tom can win us games with moments of magic like yesterday ?

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's things like this that are the EFL's additional price for allowing us to exist as a club, when their 21 points deduction has failed to guarantee relegation. The corrupt nature of it all makes me furious.

This. 

Its immoral, possibly illegal, what the EFL are doing. We've taken the punishment but our unbelievable performances, team spirit, Rooney's leadership pulling the whole lot together, has scared the EFL into moving the goal posts. 

They must really be in hock to Gibson to do this to us.

Never felt as angry over football in my life.

27 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

This. 

Its immoral, possibly illegal, what the EFL are doing. We've taken the punishment but our unbelievable performances, team spirit, Rooney's leadership pulling the whole lot together, has scared the EFL into moving the goal posts. 

They must really be in hock to Gibson to do this to us.

Never felt as angry over football in my life.

If we had accepted the original charges (stadium and amortisation), we would have...

• less than a 12 point deduction (due to promptly accepting the charge)
  • finished 16th in the table
  • had a business plan put in place by the EFL to get losses back within acceptable levels for future periods. Chances are this would be a form of soft transfer embargo for the remainder of Jan 2020 and the summer 2020. We only needed a £2m drop in wage bill for 20/21 to be back on track.
  • been able to have new owners

However, because we had the audacity to appeal against the charges:

• 21 point deduction
  • business plan put in place
  • transfer embargoed for 5 transfer windows (including 2 hard embargoes)
  • gone into administration
  • looking at the prospect of League 1 football
  • Been forced to sell players at a fraction of their real value
  • Cut the squad down to just 11 players over the age of 21
  • Been unable to play youngsters
  • Been forced to release promising youngsters due to not being able to play them
  • Been blocked from extending contracts of players
  • Being prevented from having a new owner

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If we had accepted the original charges (stadium and amortisation), we would have...

• had a business plan put in place by the EFL to get losses back within acceptable levels for future periods. Chances are this would be a form of soft transfer embargo for the remainder of Jan 2020 and the summer 2020. We only needed a £2m drop in wage bill for 20/21 to be back on track.

• 21 point deduction
  • Been forced to release promising youngsters due to not being able to play them

Disagree. MM would still have put us in admin appeal or no appeal.

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I rate him highly, he faded last year due to playing 10-15 games to many but has matured as a player and handles his game time rather than being burned out in an hour .  People forget that he also has 7 or 8 goals a season in him utilised in a different formation.  8 millions a steal, we might get 4 or 5 if we get two or three bidders. 

15 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Really?? The rumours up here in Yorkshire are that they have offered circa £2m for Knight and another player (possibly Sibley?)

That figure sounds more likely to me.  I think some people really need to adjust their expectations for what we can actually raise by selling players.  There's literally no incentive for a team to offer £8m for Knight.  They'll offer something like £1m, sit on it for a week until the pressure builds as the deadline approaches, and then we're forced to accept it, or a slightly better offer.

I'm not saying he's not worth £8m, but we have literally no leverage here. ?

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

That figure sounds more likely to me.  I think some people really need to adjust their expectations for what we can actually raise by selling players.  There's literally no incentive for a team to offer £8m for Knight.  They'll offer something like £1m, sit on it for a week until the pressure builds as the deadline approaches, and then we're forced to accept it, or a slightly better offer.

I'm not saying he's not worth £8m, but we have literally no leverage here. ?

The papers said 3 clubs were after him. Therefore, a bidding war should be the result, driving the price up.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

The papers said 3 clubs were after him. Therefore, a bidding war should be the result, driving the price up.

Not sure that's going to help that much. We haven't got the time to sit back, reject bids and let them fight it out.  Most likely scenario is that his agent is letting the other clubs know roughly what is being bid for him, and they all come in at roughly the same and Knight has his pick of the best contract.

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

• 21 point deduction

So put another way, because EFL threw trumped up charges against us,  the thing dragged on and we ended up being found mostly not gulity .. but ended up being worse off than than if we had accepted guilt for something we hadn't done. 

18 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

We’ll get enough to reach the £7 million needed!

but we need 7m cash, not 100k up front plus addons such as 100 caps for ireland, 3m for scoring a wc winning goal.........etc?

perhaps our admins should try that on with Boros stupid claim.....

"Dear Mr Bamford-Gibson,

Weve acknowledged and assessed your claim and consider the value to be 45m inc add-ons. To be clear, thats 0 up front, 10m when you win and retain the world club championship, 15m when you win the domestic treble and a further 20m when you are universally acknowledged as being the most flamboyant and entertaining club side in the 21st century

Yours sincerely

Quantuma"?