Jason Knight

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

but we need 7m cash, not 100k up front plus addons such as 100 caps for ireland, 3m for scoring a wc winning goal.........etc?

perhaps our admins should try that on with Boros stupid claim.....

"Dear Mr Bamford-Gibson,

Weve acknowledged and assessed your claim and consider the value to be 45m inc add-ons. To be clear, thats 0 up front, 10m when you win and retain the world club championship, 15m when you win the domestic treble and a further 20m when you are universally acknowledged as being the most flamboyant and entertaining club side in the 21st century

Yours sincerely

Quantuma"?

I doubt the EFL won’t take a transfer fee as an ability to pay our expenses. After all some of our expenses are transfer fees to other clubs paid for in instalments. If not we’ll have to sell the whole bloody playing staff lol!!

48 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

I doubt the EFL won’t take a transfer fee as an ability to pay our expenses. After all some of our expenses are transfer fees to other clubs paid for in instalments. If not we’ll have to sell the whole bloody playing staff lol!!

It's all about cash flow between now and the end of the season. Instalments falling due within that period will be included in the calcs, whereas those outside of that period will not.

4 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Not sure that's going to help that much. We haven't got the time to sit back, reject bids and let them fight it out.  Most likely scenario is that his agent is letting the other clubs know roughly what is being bid for him, and they all come in at roughly the same and Knight has his pick of the best contract.

You'd be a bad negotiator to be honest. 

I'd go for the Daniel Levy approach and demand a high fee and be very clear about needing around 9 million for it to be worth selling him for our benefit and claim 4 million say wouldn't do anything regardless of whether it would or not, wait until it gets close to the point when we need the money then accept 7-8 million if they haven't already paid the full fee. 

If we've got 3 teams interested including Newcastle we can very much play hard ball. 

Really think we should get atleast 6 million for him, but it depends on how dire our situation gets and if we can successfully deceive other clubs about our situation tbh. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's all about cash flow between now and the end of the season. Instalments falling due within that period will be included in the calcs, whereas those outside of that period will not.

Hopefully the rumour of Leeds paying up front for Knight is true then

20 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

You'd be a bad negotiator to be honest. 

I'd go for the Daniel Levy approach and demand a high fee and be very clear about needing around 9 million for it to be worth selling him for our benefit and claim 4 million say wouldn't do anything regardless of whether it would or not, wait until it gets close to the point when we need the money then accept 7-8 million if they haven't already paid the full fee. 

If we've got 3 teams interested including Newcastle we can very much play hard ball. 

Really think we should get atleast 6 million for him, but it depends on how dire our situation gets and if we can successfully deceive other clubs about our situation tbh. 

And when it gets to Jan 31st and the EFL say you need £8m by tomorrow or we kick you out of the league, do you take the £2m on offer for him (and the bits and bobs being offered for every other player) or stick to you guns and lose the club?  If we go bust, clubs can have these players for basically nothing in the summer.

56 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And when it gets to Jan 31st and the EFL say you need £8m by tomorrow or we kick you out of the league, do you take the £2m on offer for him (and the bits and bobs being offered for every other player) or stick to you guns and lose the club?  If we go bust, clubs can have these players for basically nothing in the summer.

It depends on the situation but I would be very unlikely to sell him for 2 million. 

I'm optimistic that something can get sorted out but I'd not then I guess it depends on the time scale we have to get money in. 

I wouldn't want us to be taken advantage of though. So I'd try hard to get as much as we can get. 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'd refuse to sell anyone out of spite and let the club go under if i had to. If this is what football is coming to i dont care about watching it

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just wants the point in selling? Either you raise £7 million in sales or you focus all efforts on resolving issue with the EFL If we really do have a PB ready to go with the money.

My gut feeling is that we need the money in to satisfy payments to Arsenal and Poznan.  The other option would be to see if Poznan would take Jozwiak back in lieu of outstanding debt and see if Arsenal fancy having Bielik back in lieu of 3 million with the remainder  to come as its due. Still have a wage shortfall by the sound of it though but as as players leave the reality is that's less of an issue.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My gut feeling is that we need the money in to satisfy payments to Arsenal and Poznan.  The other option would be to see if Poznan would take Jozwiak back in lieu of outstanding debt and see if Arsenal fancy having Bielik back in lieu of 3 million with the remainder  to come as its due. Still have a wage shortfall by the sound of it though but as as players leave the reality is that's less of an issue.

Thing is - either we raise £7 Million in total (only Bird and Knight would draw 7 figure transfer fee's right now IMO) to continue OR we raise the money elsewhere. (Preferred Bidder).

Now - there is no point in selling players for £50k - £500k because it doesn't actually close the bridge of where we need to get to and does more harm than good in my opinion.

My only hope (its a slim hope) is that there was some footballing knowledge that could at least see that Shinnie ultimately was disposable without compromising the team too much and that is why he was allowed to go.

3 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I've just had this message from a Leeds mate

"I've heard from some supposedly ITK person at the Leeds end that they've had a bid for Knight rejected. Thought to be less than £1m. They are also keeping an eye on Plange and Ebosele."

Can someone in Oakwood or Chad pop down to the Training Ground and whack the first person you find hiding in the bushes?