Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Just had a peek on their forum, only 9 pages and by page 6 a call for the manager to be sacked.

One poster incensed that they couldn’t hold a 2-0 lead against BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE.  Have people forgotten that we are only there due to point deductions??? 

My favourite

Carroll accidentally elbows Derby player in head and immediately tries to stop the game and get the physio on.

That's good sportsmanship.

26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Maybe he doesn’t.

By the time he is fully fit, suitors will be queuing to sign him. Having a big star in this type of set-up might not be ideal. If he was a centre half or a centre forward, yes, but he’s another midfielder in a cramped department.

Do we drop a promising youngster who will stay with us in League One to accommodate him for a few months?

I’m not so sure.

I think there is some truth to what you are saying here. To an extent I think we need to have one eye firmly on the goal of retaining as many of the players who have come through the academy as we possibly can. 

Brilliant today unlucky to be 2-0 down

I not usually positive but Reading were a poor side like a lot of others in this league 

January is crucial if we keep this team I believe we have a real chance  

Trench warfare with Rooney as our Churchill ( and not the bloody dog ) and our support we can do this 

Up the Sheep 

1st lambs due in 3 weeks 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He has been EVERYTHING you could want from a Derby football player. This season he is IMMENSE.

He has got better and better and now doesn't look as uncomfortable with the ball at his feet when playing out from the back...whatever happens now this man epitomises DCFC at the moment.....Collosus.....

ps spoke to him on wembley way before Villa game ...true gent no autograph or selfie was too much with the fans ....great bloke and player

6 hours ago, Premier ram said:

just arrived in Reading , first game back after a long spell battling the after effects of covid , make my day lads and lets take all the points back to Derby , then it will be game on in our surge to stay up COYR

baseball celebrating GIF not quite the win but this is what i felt like when Curtis scored

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hi Mods, if you delete the other - which I went to do but couldn't, here's a SKY video.

Absolute scenes! #COYR

It gets better every time I watch it. Phenomenal header! Won’t see many better than that. 

Saying that, Lawrence scored another special last minute header at the same ground in Lampard’s first game.