Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

12 minutes ago, jono said:

I’m killing myself .. thought it was an evening kick off. All ready to watch .. argggghhhh what a drongo I am 

Phew .. sounds like it was a great game. Kaz does it once more and I presume Mrs Davies is going to be pregnant again soon ! 

It sounds like Tommo was on it again too ? 

Unbeaten in 4. Ten points from a possible 12. Fighting to the end. I love this team. 

When isn't he ? 

I'm quietly come to the belief that I think he might be the best we have coming through. The way he's seamlessly slotted into the midfield with how high is average performance is It's phenomenal at his age.

Our midfield with him and Bird look so much more fluid than it did earlier in the season and with the 3 in front of we are keeping the ball better and pressing more intelligently.

This felt like the opposite of the West Brom game in that it felt like a game were things just weren't going our way. Outplayed them for most of the game but just couldn't quite get that final ball completely right, lost count of the times a ball flashed across the box narrowly not finding a Derby player. 

But as I'm sure others have noted it would have been easy at 2-0 to meekly give in and say it wasn't our day so to force a point out of it is truly excellent. 

7 hours ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

I went to Man U v Derby in April 1997 in the Stretford end. We went 1 nil ,kept quiet ,but then 2 nil with Wanchope's wonder goal I went berserk. Thankfully everybody was oo.k.

Come to think of it, I like the Fulham mixed stand. Home and away all mixed up together.

Edited by Ken Tram

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

When isn't he ? 

I'm quietly come to the belief that I think he might be the best we have coming through. The way he's seamlessly slotted into the midfield with how high is average performance is It's phenomenal at his age.

Our midfield with him and Bird look so much more fluid than it did earlier in the season and with the 3 in front of we are keeping the ball better and pressing more intelligently.

Where will Bielik fit in ???

Massive point. Would have been a sucker blow to play that well and come away with nothing. Keeping the spirits up is essential if we are to pull off the great escape, granted if we don't play well and don't pick up points but today would've been a knock to the confidence after that effort. Fabulous point. 

And great backing for the boys too, hats off to you guys following us away this year, fans are sucking the ball into the net at times.

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Where will Bielik fit in ???

Maybe he doesn’t.

By the time he is fully fit, suitors will be queuing to sign him. Having a big star in this type of set-up might not be ideal. If he was a centre half or a centre forward, yes, but he’s another midfielder in a cramped department.

Do we drop a promising youngster who will stay with us in League One to accommodate him for a few months?

I’m not so sure.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Maybe he doesn’t.

By the time he is fully fit, suitors will be queuing to sign him. Having a big star in this type of set-up might not be ideal. If he was a centre half or a centre forward, yes, but he’s another midfielder in a cramped department.

Do we drop a promising youngster who will stay with us in League One to accommodate him for a few months?

I’m not so sure.

Difficult one. I think when fully fit he is our best player ?