Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.............We've Got It.

Come May, I'd expect you'll be carried aloft around the Pride Park pitch, having started your match day threads before Christmas.

Although that would also require us to win the FA Cup.

Just got home from another great awayday.

Best bit of the day, that header.

Second best bit of the day, the post-match Radio Berks phone in. 

Apparently, they were struggling for match fitness after three weeks rest, whereas we are all up to speed after our three easy wins;

Apparently, they have been badly affected by covid, whereas our club has not;

Apparently, they have been decimated by injuries to the extent that they are having to put academy players on the bench - aah! (Whereas we are having to rely on them in the first team, which they forgot to mention!) 

Apparently their players aren't championship standard and are all freebies that no-one else would want.

The radio presenters tended not to agree with the above comments and the programme finished with a rerun of their commentary of the game's goals - over a soundtrack of Britney Spears' "Oops, I did it again". Comedy gold!

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

Come May, I'd expect you'll be carried aloft around the Pride Park pitch, having started your match day threads before Christmas.

Although that would also require us to win the FA Cup.

You'll all just have to carry me around the Wembley pitch aswell.

There will be more than 220,000 there and we will be 1-0 down and will win it 1-2 as we fight to the end!

With 15 to go I had to turn tv off and drive to work…..so I switched on mobile Sky for the commentary as I was driving. I thought I’d get stopped each goal as the car rocked and I delivered some expletives to myself within the confines. So from getting in the car pretty miffed knowing we were playing the better football to bouncing out at work. Felt like a win for sure. Well done Rams in the kit and in the stands! Snowball fight with the EFL  ?Stop Motion Animation GIF by Aardman Animations

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just got home from another great awayday.

Best bit of the day, that header.

Second best bit of the day, the post-match Radio Berks phone in. 

Apparently, they were struggling for match fitness after three weeks rest, whereas we are all up to speed after our three easy wins;

Apparently, they have been badly affected by covid, whereas our club has not;

Apparently, they have been decimated by injuries to the extent that they are having to put academy players on the bench - aah! (Whereas we are having to rely on them in the first team, which they forgot to mention!) 

Apparently their players aren't championship standard and are all freebies that no-one else would want.

The radio presenters tended not to agree with the above comments and the programme finished with a rerun of their commentary of the game's goals - over a soundtrack of Britney Spears' "Oops, I did it again". Comedy gold!

On their forum one poster wanted to know how we could still afford a team packed with “big names”, given our troubles?

image.gif.aba01ead1232ff0a821598638a7e0e83.gif

38 minutes ago, SKRam said:

With 15 to go I had to turn tv off and drive to work…..so I switched on mobile Sky for the commentary as I was driving. I thought I’d get stopped each goal as the car rocked and I delivered some expletives to myself within the confines. So from getting in the car pretty miffed knowing we were playing the better football to bouncing out at work. Felt like a win for sure. Well done Rams in the kit and in the stands! Snowball fight with the EFL  ?Stop Motion Animation GIF by Aardman Animations

I was the opposite - went to see my poorly dad and hubby rang me on way home to kindly inform me of their goals. Walked in lounge and we scored the first within 30 seconds! Great 10 mins! Was great end to difficult afternoon

Unbelievable comeback but totally deserved. We not only fight to the end but we can play too.

First 20 or so minutes thought Reading shaded it but thereafter we were the better side. It was pretty sickening that both their goals came after spells of Derby pressure but this is the nature of Championship football, where dominance doesn't always get its just desserts. Massive credit then to the team for keeping their intensity, continuing to play & for believing even on 85 mins that a result was still there - the commentators sensed it was coming even at 2-0 & so did the fans.

Plenty of heroes in today's display but will begin with that midfield - Bird. Knight & Thompson were excellent and their control enabled us to boss the ball & later on to keep applying pressure. The football was really good to watch & they dominated the centre of the park to such an extent John Swift barely featured after the first half hour. The subs made a real impact - Ebosele's pace, Kazim's strength & Morrison's control all adding real quality to the proceedings. Brilliant timed too by Rosenior, just as Reading were noticeably flagging & sitting back.

Curtis Davies though - what a man, what a leader & what a header. Absolutely loved that celebration too - all the clubs he's played for over the years at the top level & it still means that much to him. Love him.

We're starting to create a reputation now. A group of players & fans that believe we're never out of games - its not unlike the atmosphere watching title chasing sides - every game is an event, every game the opposition know the points are never safe & the whole thing becomes a self-perpetuating reality - just what Rooney will have experienced most seasons at Man Utd. 

7 points from 3 very difficult games in the space of a week. Excellent work Derby County ??

Got picked up at 08:20. Got home at 21:45. Brilliant day.

We’ve been the better team by a mile in the last two games. At 2-0, I 100% believed we could get a point, and I actually got a bit frustrated because I didn’t feel like the fans were getting behind the lads as well as they have been in recent weeks. Thankfully it picked up towards the end.

As for the equaliser, I nearly broke my back on my seat when it went it. Absolute bullet header.

Curtis Davies is the closest thing to a club legend in my lifetime. Absolute hero whose contribution to this football club will never ever be forgotten.

I still believe. COYR.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Will be interesting how we go into the next league game, I like the set up we’ve been going with. As much as I love CKR and Ebosele they both seem to suit being impact players. Imagine after 60 minutes of keeping Plange/Knight/Joz/Lawrence quiet your suddenly introduced two fresh and physical players one that will rough you up and another that will run through you (quite literally). Sounds harsh on Kazim but 3/3 from the bench… Plange has the important role of running them ragged for 60 minutes first though. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we name a strong squad for Saturday either, FA cup runs would add some needed income.