Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Reading v Derby County Select Car Leasing Stadium 3pm Monday 3rd Jan 2022

Away against The Royals on Sky Sports Main Event.

Can the Rams keep Inverurie Ram going into February 2022?

Will this game be on? Will the preferred bidder be chosen? Was Thursday good to us all?

Unfortunately, they are a team that have done better against us in the past.

Hopefully the players and fans and everyone at D.C.F.C. will carry on to give their all and a positive result can be achieved.

Overall Games Won: 16 Games Drawn: 9 Games Lost: 26

Since 1986 at Reading Games Won: 4 Games Drawn: 3 Games Lost: 13

Reading v Derby County v Head to Head

https://www.11v11.com/teams/Derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Reading/

Played for both Reading and Derby County

Sone Aluko, Sam Baldock, Alex Pearce, Tomasz Cywka and Grzegorz Rasiak. Any others?

Reading Football Ground Guide

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/madejski-stadium-reading.html

Reading History

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/history/our-story/

Last time we won away at Reading 3rd Aug 2018.

Slowdive are from Reading

RamsTV Streaming - How To Watch

Sing loudly and proudly.

Support Derby County Football Club on the way to the game, at the game and after the game and from wherever you are around the world.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

Posted this in another thread but still struggling for transport. Anyone know of any supporters buses going from Derby? Neppy leaves at 7:30 but that’s a bit early as I have to get the train from Loughborough-Derby first so preferably one departing a bit later.

3 games in a week might be a bit much for some of them (especially the back line). My line up:

Allsop
           Jagielka  Stearman  Cashin
Ebosele  Knight  Thompson  Bird  Jozwiak
                   Plange  Lawrence

Subs: Roos, Byrne, Morrison, Kazim, Sibley, Davies, Williams

Matej Vydra can be added to your list @Inverurie Ram. Reading fans thought he was bang average... then he went on to be one of only 2 players to score over 20 goals in a season for us in the last 10 years. Just goes to show how some clubs suit some players.

Let's make it 4 in a row! COYR! ?

Same starting line up. Have to reward those who've been playing their hearts out. Be prepared to make subs on the hour mark though. Wazza has seemed more decisive and quicker to change things up recently so that'd be my game plan, but he's not got much wrong in recent weeks so I'd be confident in whatever side he selects right now.

On that note, dropping Ravel and the King has been an absolute masterstroke as they've been properly pumped when called upon having looked leggy beforehand. Coming out like uncaged lions now. CKR has clearly hated not starting but has responded brilliantly to the challenge. He seems so calm in the critical moments right now which is a new and very welcome development. He and Ravel also developing an almost psychic understanding and the latter now clearly understanding that he doesn't have to do it all himself. A lot of mutual respect between those two lads and it's a joy to see. And are we seeing Ravel finally start to settle at a club and could that unleash the extra gears I feel certain he possesses? Pretty sure the King has taken him under his wing as there's some commonality there in terms of their backgrounds and history. 

Back on strategy, giving a rampaging Festy 30 minutes against tiring legs seems to work brilliantly too. He's a player who clearly loves the game and as some good judges on here predicted, he's even more of a handful running from deeper. Some real healthy competition for game time at the moment then, despite the low head count. Jozwiak also looking like the player we see on international breaks now, possibly because those around him are playing better? I'm certain it's just a lack of confidence that's stymied his progress but he looks a different prospect in a side playing with a bit more confidence. I'm sure too that he and others are responding to the fans. Gone are the groans and moans at every little mistake, now replaced with the most staunch support in the EFL. Can't underestimate how that helps the players, especially those a tad short on confidence.

Nod to Stearman too who seems a model pro giving plenty every time he gets his chance and clearly not sulking when he doesn't. We look like a proper team at the moment rather than a collective of individuals. Wazza galvanising the players into a side that reminds me of Sheffield under Wilder so he clearly has more man-management skills than I'd supposed. There are a few sides we absolutely can't match man for man in terms of raw ability, but we do have some quality too and none can match our lads for team spirit right now.

Last unheralded member of a team on fire, who clearly deserves a big up is our very own @Inverurie Ram for the quality match threads. Inspirational AND informative. Keep working your magic fella! Another 2 or 3 weeks and you'll have dragged us close to achieving the impossible. Legendary status awaits! 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A minor tweak given the Covid situation and 3 games in 8 days.

Allsop

Byrne   Jagielka   Davies   Forsyth

Ebosele   Bird   Tommo   Knight

Lawrence

Plange

Subs: Marshall, Stearman, Williams, Shinnie, Ravel, Jozwiak, Kazim

Playing Knight out wide ? Wazza has learned from that I think thankfully ?

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Difficult to change a winning team ?

Alsop

Jags.     Curtis.   Stearman 

Joz.   Knight.  Bird.  Tommo.    Fozzy

Lawrence   Plange 

We made 3 changes to the previous winning team and won ?