Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Didn't listen to the game as it being a Monday and me being in work like routine made me completely forget about it even though I knew it was on today yesterday. 

Saw it was 2-0  just when they scored and thought duck it I'm going to the gym like I planned instead of listening to the last bit. 

My Grandad then phones me while I'm at the gym telling me it finished 2-2.Don't care if we were the better team, that's incredible fight in the last 5 minutes. 

We have the fight of a promotion team at the moment, must have been absolute ducking limbs when Davies towered above them and headed in the equaliser. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We never looked like scoring today and Reading never should have - but the goalkeeper making a mistake helped and what a goal from Davies - proud again 

I actually thought the ref had a good game despite a couple of things that went against us but he ignored the reading play acting mainly 

Had very little to do really. Both of their goals came from poor decisions from him and he missed Carroll smashing Jagielka in the face, which not coincidentally came about a minute after they had an accidental clash.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We never looked like scoring today and Reading never should have - but the goalkeeper making a mistake helped and what a goal from Davies - proud again 

I actually thought the ref had a good game despite a couple of things that went against us but he ignored the reading play acting mainly 

The ref had a reasonable to good game but the major decisions in the match were still wrong. First free kick, further forward than it should be, second was never a free kick and missed the assault on Jags from Carroll.

Against such luck, our belief kept us going and so happy we got a point. We could easily have had 3 points with better decisions though.

The real positives was Bird and Byrne, along with the substitutes impact, but the whole team have resilience and belief we can still do this. Can’t wait for the blades game now.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think Curtis will go down as one of my favourite ever Derby players. He's just a hero. His attitude to playing for this club is absolutely immaculate and he's been a top performer for years. One of the best signings we've made in a long long time. 

I put Curtis in the same mould as Paul Mcgraph

I’m killing myself .. thought it was an evening kick off. All ready to watch .. argggghhhh what a drongo I am 

Phew .. sounds like it was a great game. Kaz does it once more and I presume Mrs Davies is going to be pregnant again soon ! 

It sounds like Tommo was on it again too ? 

Unbeaten in 4. Ten points from a possible 12. Fighting to the end. I love this team. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think Curtis will go down as one of my favourite ever Derby players. He's just a hero. His attitude to playing for this club is absolutely immaculate and he's been a top performer for years. One of the best signings we've made in a long long time. 

He has been EVERYTHING you could want from a Derby football player. This season he is IMMENSE.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Did you fall off the Lat pull down machine in shock ?

Was resting at the time fortunately, but might have fell off the bars if I was told half way through an exercise. 

Nice suprise though, can't remember a Derby team fighting back like that late on away from home.

I don't think we played as well as we have in the last 3 games, but as I've already said I really wasn't expecting us to do so, we were due a below par performance against a below par team........at 2 down I really thought that was it, but I wasn't that bothered........now I'm thinking that is as big a result as the 2 against West Brom and Stoke

1 minute ago, BriggRam said:

I don't think we played as well as we have in the last 3 games, but as I've already said I really wasn't expecting us to do so, we were due a below par performance against a below par team........at 2 down I really thought that was it, but I wasn't that bothered........now I'm thinking that is as big a result as the 2 against West Brom and Stoke

Definitely a massive result. Not (only) for the point but for the fight back and not losing. Will be the sort of belief we'll need 'going forward'.

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I’m killing myself .. thought it was an evening kick off. All ready to watch .. argggghhhh what a drongo I am 

Phew .. sounds like it was a great game. Kaz does it once more and I presume Mrs Davies is going to be pregnant again soon ! 

It sounds like Tommo was on it again too ? 

Unbeaten in 4. Ten points from a possible 12. Fighting to the end. I love this team. 

It wasn't a great game.......but it was great to get a well earned draw