QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Such a poor 2nd half, did we even have a shot? Why not go for it more at 1-1, subs were too late as well.

1st goal we had 4 back vs 1 and still didnt mark him

2nd goal, poor pass from Forysth for the 2000th time tonight, Bird leaving his man free then Byrne giving Gray the freedom of Pride Park to control & shoot.

Forsyth was awful yet again, time to give Williams a chance whilst Buchanan is out. Ravel offered next to nothing. Bird had a stinker & struggled to find a man in a Derby shirt most of the night, 1st goal came from his poor pass. Tommo been decent in the first 2 games but thought tonight alot of his passes were backwards when he could have gone forwards.

Harsh.

Morrison barely touched the ball, is this him resorting to type? Can't afford passengers.

Lawrence worked his socks off and scored an amazing goal, but he had a habit of making good passes look bad by not reacting quickly or stumbling or fluffing his pass/shot, frustrating but can't knock his effort. So many times 2nd half we had the ball wide and there was literally no one even near the box.

Couldn't see how we would score. Ebosele showed what a wide man should do, what a prospect.  Thompson is very assured too.

Bird lost his man for the 2nd goal, Shinnie for the first. Could have got a point easily but on balance we lost our way 2nd half and QPR look a decent team.

Edited by Chester40

Sky won't show it but I thought that pull/tackle that felled Ebosele was a certain foul and, if it had been given, it might also have been a red card. Not surprised it wasn't given, because the officials were pretty poor I thought. There was a hint of offside against Austin too for their equaliser. 

Finally, what a classless prat Austin is. 

Well 4 points from consecutive games against the Championship top 3, not a bad return. There are some outstanding players in our team, with new owners hopefully we can put together a very good squad for next season. 

For me , Morrison, CKR and Joz wouldn’t be missed. Fozzy unfortunately due to previous injuries can’t play the role Wayne is demanding and Williams needs to come in until Buchanan is fit.

I fancy our chances in the next two if the lads keep their chins up.

Wrote after the fulham game that in the championship it’s about playing teams at the right time to accumulate points. I think that’s what QPR got with us tonight. We looked mentally leggy as the game went on after two tough games and battling for points. We ran out of ideas, ran out of quality and eventually ran out of luck.

Morrison waits for a perfect ball rather than gambling on an imperfect. Look at that Forsyth cross at the end of the 1st half again, if he gambles he gets to it. 

Had a chuckle at sky at the end calling it a vital 3 points for QPR who are now 7 points behind second place. There’s only one side who can truly call any points they get as vital!!

You can defend all of the points why we are in this mess but in order to get out of it you need to defend properly. That was clearly not the case tonight.

It seems that we were going for a point tonight from early doors. When roos dropped to the ground after claiming the ball late on I nearly lost my life. 

Qpr are not a great team and will be found out but when you stand off players they will eventually hurt you. We have to finish with top six form to get out of this mess so teams like these should not be feared. 

Negative football with a couple of ok performances is not going to work. 

On balance, you have to credit Rooney and the players for their response in recent games.

The -21 verdict could have seen the team completely implode. But instead we have seen a lot of bravery and endeavour on display.

Of course, it’s frustrating to throw away another game from a winning position, but sadly that is where our lack of experience shows both on and off the field.

It’s sad because we have shown we can compete, but obviously we are missing something that will see us turn good contests into results.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Sky won't show it but I thought that pull/tackle that felled Ebosele was a certain foul and, if it had been given, it might also have been a red card. Not surprised it wasn't given, because the officials were pretty poor I thought. There was a hint of offside against Austin too for their equaliser. 

Yes I thought it was a foul. Not a red card but quite an advanced position. 

Well I must say I think QPR deserved it. Different class to us going forward with movement and quality of player.... Andre Gray as sub, come on, that's taking the peace, what an option to have, he is a great player.

We played well for the first 20 minutes then we had patches of being good with no end product, how many times did our midfielders try worldie passes in the final 3rd and play it either to a QPR player or just to nobody. Shinnie & Lawrence went from bossing it, to either doing nothing, not marking up or passing it to QPR. Thompson looked good in the first half but like the rest of the team started to look for that pass backwards in the second half, he was still a terrier though and was a nuisance to them. Morrison did nothing all game, Jozwiak looked lightweight and made no difference but what about Ebosele, what a prospect we have, looks like he can do something every time he gets the ball.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Ilias Chair is technically offside for their winner too, a more streetwise team would have surrounded to the ref and/or linesman to see if we could get away with it.

2 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

You can defend all of the points why we are in this mess but in order to get out of it you need to defend properly. That was clearly not the case tonight.

It seems that we were going for a point tonight from early doors. When roos dropped to the ground after claiming the ball late on I nearly lost my life. 

Qpr are not a great team and will be found out but when you stand off players they will eventually hurt you. We have to finish with top six form to get out of this mess so teams like these should not be feared. 

Negative football with a couple of ok performances is not going to work. 

Wouldn’t say we were going for a point. Just didn’t have the firepower. Passing was off as well. Didn’t look brave enough on the ball and ran out of ideas. QPR are a good team. Will be up there at the end of the season. 
oh and bad mistake for their first goal. Lack of focus 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope